Finally Surfrodz RKP Motor Mounts " Pyschotiller Mounts "

psycho hooked up with 10mm bearings, hit em up.

also ordered some more from surfrodz directly and they also donated some with my latest order, very kind.

yes, 80mm axles are included with the press-on mount

great tip, so loctite on the axle itself then, got it.

3 Likes

IKRā€¦ fucking dope. And it is different. I was kind of unpsyched about building out the Lacroix, as I donā€™t want to use Trampa and I canā€™t find any Mattix pro 2 trucks.

Shit, this may be cooler anyway.

2 Likes

@Sender

Itā€™s the reason i didnā€™t buy the board. Not a fan of the offroad trucks - seen too many fractures, etc and I know my fat ass will outright break them.

But some surfrodz on that deckā€¦damn.

2 Likes

Inpushed it around the parking lot like thatā€¦ and

A. It actually works

B. Felt so damn flowy!

I am trying to figure out what size battery to put in. It is really made for 10s6p, I think I could finagle 12s5pā€¦ 12s4p is an easy fit, but I think I want 6 p on 10s over 4 p on 12s if I canā€™t get 12s5p to work well. It fits, but the layout is a little funny.

1 Like

Thank you. Dang that dudes got his sh*t together :+1:

3 Likes

Mine just came to the office. Didnā€™t have too many colors to choose from for 45, so pink and purple it is! Yeah I picked pink over orange. Really want red to gain 20% speed

8 Likes

Are those shoulder bolts or ones from surfrodz?

Iā€™m confused with the shoulder bolts, does that meant you have to remove the shoulderbolt just to take wheels off?

Edit- I didnā€™t know that surfrodz axles are basically just shoulder bolts

@moon yeah those are the bolts they sent me. Definitely need to remove the whole thing just to take off the wheelā€¦I just realized I donā€™t have any 10mm spacers for between the wheel, letā€™s see if the spacers they provided is enough.

1 Like

Here it is next to the TB 218s, I used @PatRocks 's recommended (from hanger) black | red | red | bearing | black | bearing | shoulder bolt. Now to loctite this down.

4 Likes

Guys, Surf Rodz is awesome.

I reached out and they are giving me the 30% off not only on a replacement hanger, but also on a set of 10mm TKPs 177mm and 10mm bearings!

They really didnā€™t have to do that, but they did. Itā€™s like I got the hanger for free and bought a set of TKPs.

@psychotiller @mmaner

Thanks Mikaela!

10 Likes

Ive never had a bad experience with SUrf Rodz and the product is awesome.

2 Likes

She said their stock 200mm 10mm hangers was destroyedā€¦ that is us for sure. Lol.

9 Likes

Always happy to see more people join the surf rodz club! Thatā€™s some good news for small manufacturing for sure!

3 Likes

Oh noes what have I done lol

Hey did everyone get 50 baseplates? 45? mix?

1 Like

45 for me

take stability over turning speed

2 Likes

I got 50:45 red raw baseplates.

1 Like

Offtopic but Iā€™m gonna share wrth you boys. This PM commute ride was glorious. Bootiful weather in nyc today. Most of the lights lined up (might have been red for non-eskaters), and only one almost-killed by yellowcab.

Fun hobby :slight_smile:

4 Likes

10mm in-wheel spacers seem hard to find.

Hollow steel tube ID .394Ā° aka 10mm. Who can cut square and repeatable?

EDIT adding more stuff to this originally crap post.

• the spacers you can buy from SR look very nice, will do the job.
  • Spacers are usually 10mm wide.
  • Precision ones are nicer for sure.
  • Aluminum is not the best, deforms too easy. Steel is mo betta. This goes for speed rings too.
  • Abec11 introduced bearings with integrated spacers and speed rings called Biltin (thanks @ChrisChaput!). Zealous, etc. are lowballing them out of the game. Iā€™m not sure if this is a bad thing overall.
  • Seismic Tekton (integrated spacer/speedring) come in 10mm. Expensive.
  • I found some 10mm spacers, $5. As usual for exotic serious stuff, sk8kings, and Khiro. Aluminumā€¦ http://www.sk8kings.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=S&Product_Code=SKKRO217&Category_Code=BE
  • I think I can cut repeatably on my little bandsaw, but not sure about parallel.
2 Likes

. . . .

3 Likes

Is this for railes to protect the motors? If so, Iā€™d get this, cuy to length then drill and tap.

http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=21166&step=4&showunits=inches&id=1276&top_cat=60

Edit, I see where you were talking about spacers above.

1 Like