Finally Surfrodz RKP Motor Mounts " Pyschotiller Mounts "

It’s a bit more, since you need in-wheel spacers, and 10mm precision spacers are nowhere to be found. I think surfrodz’s 10mm axle spacers will work okay. But this closes the price gap a bit, at least to the non-ceramic Tektons.

Eh I’ve spent money on stupider stuff :slight_smile: I really like ceramics on my LDP deck, where every inch counts. But the difference is pretty subtle IMO, and they don’t last forever.

Also not all bearings are the same. Definitely the no name generics are not as good. The top shelf ones are good, but not so different from the middle tier. I have no idea where the surfrodz 10mm bearings are in the spectrum. Price would suggest the lowest tier. And IMO on electric setups, difference is minor unless they’re so terrible they seize or blow up.

1 Like

I have been rolling on Surfrodz 10mm bearings for 100’s of miles with no issues. Don’t let the price fool you. Also, if you bought the Surfrodz 10mm trucks, they come with the 10mm bearing spacers.

4 Likes

On a side note, @thisguyhere your 6374 motor can take a beating man… snapped my deck last week and it slammed the motor on the can, I bailed almost instantly but the can still took the brunt of the snap and it’s still alive

received_10216481513174478received_10216481513054475

4 Likes

Dont, they are junk… Let me qualify that. If there is any play in the wheel hub at all, i mean .25mm is too much, they will turn to shit and lock up and throw you like a bull. I learned the hard way, my elbow is still not healed from that spill.

3 Likes

Shit… thanks for the heads up… I’ve not used seismic but as I said n8n i have Neil’s rn and they are and have been great

1 Like

awesome, but how are they my motors? did i sell you my old one, the one that was making noise?

either way, sweet.

Oops forgot ur the guy I got the bms from not the BKB guy xD

i see, got it.

ugh their coupon isn’t working! I was about to buy them. Does anyone know if they have a current coupon code on their sites?

I thought about this for a while, since you use after market shoulder screw and the grub screw retainer, the grub screw damaged the shoulder bolt then made a big mess when removing. While the standard bolts have a small relief for the grub screw, so even if it damages the surface it should not result in the damage we see here? I think that is what happened.

Since I got surf rods I removed the grub screws due to the warnings in this thread (I still use standard 70mm). I have not used lock tite due to lazyness but they hold in good. But I found that the grub screw hole fills with sand and water and rust the fuck out of my axel. So I would recommend putting something in the hole with loctite but not screwing it all thay down.

5 Likes

Thats good advice. I put a grub screw in with blue loctite but just have it sitting in there, not actually torqued down onto the shoulder bolt.

4 Likes

Are you sure SR use 6900 bearings?

Can you share the ebay link where you bought them?

2 Likes

6900 is correct! 10×6×22

There’s a 10 pack somewhere, but these are the bearings I use. Love them, contact rubber seals, last forever, less than $2 per wheel. Let me find the 10 pack…

Jsb great bearings is the seller I prefer. HCH is the manufacturer. They run silent. Install and forget they exist

EDIT: I can’t find the 10 pack :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Edit its no longer available in 10 pack

You can get 100 tho :joy::joy::joy:

Just go to fasteddybearings.com, they have the 10 packs and cheap shipping

1 Like

I looked at those but couldn’t figure out if they have contact seals or if they’re just “shields”

If you like grease in your bearings, and dirt out of them, you need contact seals

They have good rubber seals on them and are greased well. Ive been riding them hard out here in hawaii for over a month and they feel as good as the zealous bearings i use on 8mm axles (they are my favorite). These fasteddys were recommended by @mmaner

3 Likes

2nd this , fasteddys are awesome

What i run