Faulty v2.17-2.18 bldc-tool win/osx!

So, got the new bldc and firmware on my sys. My Vesc’s are coming tomorrow. So, on the firmware update, should I connect each vesc and update the firmware first? and where is that function in the bldc tool? Never mind, I found it. Wow what a dumb question that was.

Yea you should probably update the firmware first so you dont have to worry about the max current ramp bug.

And lol

This bldc tool supports firmware ver 2.17 and 2.18 The firmware files in the firmware folder are not identified this way Not sure which is the correct one or what subfolder to choose in the path window

:grin: Just playing around though

You use the firmware with the corresponding hardware version. If you just bought a VESC it should be 4.11 or 4.12.

So the folder marked 410,411,412? Do you just put the folder in the path or do you have to designate a specific file?

I think you can just use the VESC_default.bin file.

Need to be sure. Uploading wrong firmware could break the Vesc

Looks like it.

Thanks, I bookmarked the vid. So, do really think the boosted firmware is better than the vesc firmware?

Nah I was just joking around. VESC is customizable, but I’m sure Boosted’s ESC is very stable.

What kept me from buying a boosted is their lack of deck choices and their lack of range

You build your own boards, much cooler anyway!

So, do you set and save all the Vesc parameters and then do motor detection ?

Either one. It shouldn’t rely on your VESC parameters to do motor detection. Though low voltage cut off might affect if it’s able to run.