Faulty v2.17-2.18 bldc-tool win/osx!

Thanks Jacob!

Please post here when you do.:beers:

hey guys i have fixed the issue so that you shouldn’t have the ramp step issue any more. as of the 15th of august. this was an issue with the firmware to BLDC TOOL

4 Likes

So, the issue is in the firmware on the Vesc? Then we need to update our Vesc’s firmware?

Yep it’s a firmware issue not BLDC.

So where do we download the new fixed firmware

vesc.net.au If you download the windows version it’ll place the firmwares in C:\program files (x86)\bldc tool\drivers\firmwares

same for mac?

Different location but it should be there. Just check the firmware tab in BLDC tool and hit “choose”

So, I need to re-download the bldc tool and re-install it and it will have the new firmware?

If you’re on Mac I think it comes with a folder with all the firmware, but Windows yea I think you gotta reinstall to extract the files.

Mac is super simple. you don’t have to “uninstall” a program to remove it. You just grab the icon in the applications folder and drop it in the trash then empty the trash and it’s automatically uninstalled. That’s what I’ll do then re-install the new ver.

Yea I know, I use both :slight_smile: You technically don’t even have to ‘install’ it. Just run the program

Aren’t there still files in say Application support, or config and log files?

Just drop the icon into the applications folder and done. I used windows for years then switched to mac about 6 years ago. Mac is so much better imo

you mean on windows?

No, I mean Mac.

Nope, it’s stand alone.

@namasaki I like both, and I have to use Mac for work. Some things it does better, but some things I like on Windows more.

1 Like

you on windows

I really do learn something new on this forum every day. Thanks guys.

I used to discount mac because there hardware specs where always less than pc for the same or more $$ But hardware specs are misleading. The Mac OS is so much better than windows that it performs better with less hardware power. Really what your paying for with Mac is perfectly matched hardware with no conflict issues and the OS. Also when ever they come out with a new OS, the upgrade is always free. Unlike Windows. Oh forgot, your also paying for style and dependability. My mac mini is 6 years old and still going strong and I have never had to wipe my drive and reinstall the OS to improve performance or clean off some virus.