FatBoy SS Drive 1:5 Heavy Duty Gear Drive 80/63mm motor

Ahm, they are available in APS

1 Like

Thats a quite new product from Bruno then

I have seen them for almost a half year availableā€¦

Makes sense then. I bought my 80100 3/4 year ago :grinning:

Any Street video of your Ss drive?

Still waiting to get them here in UK :wink: Will going to film sh*t out of them got whole setup gopro 7, gimbal on long stick and etc :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Is the mounting on this the same as the etoxx drives? As in I could you the hub adapters from my etoxx for these drives?

hub adapters? You meant wheel hub mounting plates? If so not a single part should be compatible with etoxx as this is more massive and uses bigger bolts :wink: If you need extra plates for more wheels it can be arranged :wink:

1 Like

Got it. I have the etoxx drive already so Iā€™m not an immediate customeršŸ˜‰ Just curious about the compatibility.

As many people are receiving the drive today I quickly build up a guide on how to assemble it from the pictures I have available to me right now.

All the comments, questions and suggestion accepted :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Kug2lis

The 80100 motors what KV rating did you get them in? What size motor shaft did you order? For the 63100S or 6384S options from APS what is the shaft length needed. The standard 6384 shaft length didnā€™t fill the motor pulley all the way. I think these questions will help those looking to get this awesome setup.

My board with 170KV is way to fast and lost all the hill climb ability with the 4:1 drives. But the sound is awesome and straight line power and speed is awesome, just 30+ miles per hour on the 200mm wheels is beyond my comfort zone.

2 Likes

I dropped back to the Trampa 136KV Motors 6364S and this is the right mix of power and top speed. The 170KV from Alien are just too fast and the AMPS for take off overpowered what my batteries could push out.

I recommend the Trampa 136kv if you are using the 200mm wheels. Youā€™ll also have to modify the length of the Trampa motor shaft by cutting off around 5mm.

1 Like

how bad are the hills around your area? I have several boards ranging from 5055, 6355, 6374 and 8085 with 135kv to 250kv. The perfect motors for me has always been 6374 192kv because it provides more torque than I need which translate to fun but also allow me to go up to 40mph. If weā€™re just talking about a normal daily drive board then 6355 170kv is perfect. Obviously, I also have to account for weight, with my backpack Iā€™m around 190lb.

8085 and 80100 on 192kv with 1:5, on the other hand, is just pure carnage. Leaving aside the top speed, the torque is so powerful that the wheelies are only ā€œmanageableā€ at 70% power output, and thatā€™s with increasing the wheel size to 229mm. But this is my favorite set up right now because it is just incredibly fun popping wheelies.

My advice is this, if youā€™re using your board for commuting, go for 6355 or 6374 1:4 but if youā€™re a torque junky like me, definitely go for 80mm motors. I promise you that youā€™ll never want to go back down to 63mm motors ever again. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Either way, ride on my friends!

2 Likes

185kV

donā€™t order from APS any custom shaft it will be a disasterā€¦ Ordered to make it 10mm and specific length received angle grinder cut length without anything covered or modified like requested.

You donā€™t need to fill whole length just enough so that keyway and grub screws could reach it :slight_smile:

WdlxT%25ApQ8KNSz4%2B1UOb3w_thumb_fe2

10 Likes
  1. Are there options to get the metal parts in raw color and plastic parts in black?
  2. Is a ratio 1:6 on 10mm motor axle possible?

does this fit a abs board?

Maybe MBS board :slight_smile: Soon it will be for MBS

1 Like

I had to pull the trigger on these for 9ā€ hubs, roll on nice weather

1 Like

Thanks for respondingā€¦ and glad you caught i meant mbs* autocorrect on the damn iphone.

Mounted on the MBS truck Jd13KTI0TvG9nwKQ9SPjJw_thumb_d2a

3 Likes