FatBoy Solid Core Hub

some folk swear by tiny beads in the tube, trampa suply a glueable weight as well and advise placing opposite the valve, which destroys the idea of wheel balancing as art

Hi, I just wanted to compliment for keeping the prices low and honest. People may not realize that behind the figures there is 20% fucking VAT, and a pile of other taxes. Not to mention that you run small batches and everything is made in the EU.

6 Likes

The hub was lightened a bit to 290g. There is a question in which color should first wheel be available.

• Black
  • Silver
  • Raw aluminium

0 voters

Also which size would like to buy?

• 12mm axle (Trampa hangers)
  • 8mm axle (Lonngboard hangers)

0 voters

Colour an bearing size?

On the one hand raw or a clear anodize stays looking good the longest as chips and scratches show up lessā€¦ I still vote for black though.

I think there are two markets for bearing size.

1. People replacing their superstars who want a bolt on replacement for a Trampa
  2. AT wheels for regular eSk8ā€™s

Iā€™m sure you know all this already, people who own a trampa already have deep pockets so Iā€™d do black 12mm wheels first then try the 8mm option when you get some momentum in a second production run.

my 2c.

6 Likes

Black ones will look terrible after few ridesā€¦

Im pretty sure that 5g of weight more or less wont affect the wheels in any possible way, you are not going at 50k rpm or building a space shuttle

Man everyone is over killing shit that doesnā€™t need to be that way and making prices sky high

Put 5 coats of paint and they will last a bit more :smiley:

Paint wont be the bestā€¦ Anodized would be far better

Powder coat with some IGP Dura Face powder would do better than anodized.

have you ridden a unbalanced 8 inch wheel dude?

I have and once veloicity begins to increase it is shity, it adds to the tendancy of the trampa decks to buck and it makes me more choppy on the trigger. Even just comming off the gas at high speed makes a trampa buckā€¦

I balance mine with ceramic beads atm.

3 Likes

Ok some news about the hub.

The prices are going to be:

• 200ā‚¬ for bare aluminium set of 4 wheels
  • 250ā‚¬ for painted (black, silver, whitish or more specific colour if needed but will need a group buy for it) it will be powder coating using car rim paints.

Also later I will add some pictures of 3 and 6 poles design available.

Regarding plates I mentioned for original Trampa wheels for 8mm bearing is not worth making as the price of wheel hub + two plates will be the same as whole new wheel hub :wink:

1 Like

they look great dude! how does the bearing fit in the bearing seat after coating? trampa states that they re-machine the bearing seat after anodising but that step seems to have been skipped of late, hence the poor fitā€¦

After painting will be some more milling :wink:

1 Like

So 28mm bearing version is available to buy currently in raw aluminum as we thought to paint them to your own color like using plasti dip paints itā€™s much easier than providing only several colors and making it more expensive.

We are currently working on 22mm bearing size with ET offset so it would fit normal 8-10mm trucks and would not cause problems.

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/wheel-hubs/products/fatboy-solid-core-hub-3-75-5-spoke-for-28mm-bearing-set-of-4-hubs

3 Likes

Iā€™ll take a set!

Grab it while itā€™s hot :smiley:

So are you painting them black with car rim paints or what coating are you offering?

No coating, as we calculated the price would be like bit too much, my suggestion would be plasti dip paint, then you got tired of color peel it off spray new color on :slight_smile:

only problem then is bearing fit, let me think.