Extended BLDC-TOOL with Watt Control Mode, PPM Cruise Control, individual Throttle-Curve and Android App

Also, only Ubuntu (for now?)

Looks cool though

Looks awesome mate!

I’m very interested Waiting for some testing and an OS X version

2 Likes

I have the firmware and the BLDC-Tool ready, but only for Ubuntu. Firmware would work everywhere but without the modified BLDC-Tool it doesn’t make sense. Does anybody know how to compile t for windows. Did some first tests and can get in running in QTCreator but not yet as standalone exe. Some help would be appreciated.

If anybody wants to test for Ubuntu send me your email via PM and i send you the files.

1 Like

I’d like the source code if you can provide that.

@Ackmaniac this is such great work! You’ve done an amazing job not only identifying features that esk8’ers need, but you also implemented them which is even more impressive. I’ll PM you for details on downloading.

Do you have plans to keep up with Vedder’s official BLDC-Tool releases and firmware? Or, perhaps, to collaborate w him directly to integrate your work into the official release?

1 Like

It would be great if i can leave a footprint in the Esk8 community if this would be part of the official version. I really think it has the potential. But i also think that Benjamin doesn’t have time at the moment to listen to any of those modifications because of the VESC 6. But i think that if i get a good feedback from the community then he could be interested.

1 Like

Vedder is developing a new VESC-Tool for Vesc 6.0

Was planning on using steering channel as on/off for leds/lights.

Could the cruise be set to enable with -30 pm Only so that +30 can still be used with a switch (and servo splitter)?

Just a tweak I thought might be helpful.

It would be possible to do that. But i think i have a better idea how to control the lights. But for that another device would be needed which can be controlled by the Remote. But more on that in the future. In Germany we try to avoid as much attention as possible because the police can fuck us badly here. But when i have my other stuff ready i might think about lights. But it could be possible to activate the cruise control at only one direction. It also would be possible to enable cruise control without brake when you steer left and cruise control with brake when you steer right. First of all i want to get impressions how people like the cruise control and if they have safety concerns. BTW cruise control in current control for BLDC mode works much better than cruise control with duty control. It is really smooth now.

1 Like

Windoz plz

1 Like

I am working on a windows version at the moment but i didn’t get far. Maybe someone here in the forum can help.

1 Like

I was able to get it running on Windows. But i need more testing to be sure that it works without issues. Didn’t try the firmware upload yet because i don’t have a spare VESC. If anybody has a bootloader (if it goes wrong terribly) and the balls to test it please let me know. Then i will send you the files for windows. The reading and writing of the settings and also the real time graphs work quite well.

3 Likes

Wondering if you can figure this out and SAVE US !! Some use 3-wire twist throttles on UART port…
we need the ADC. 3.3V and GND from a different port…because UART port is needed for bluetooth … doesnt matter which one… which Im told would be a custom FW… ?? any ideas… thnx

Why aren’t people just using VM’s, eg virtualbox and a ubuntu image (both free and simple, and will work on Win and OSX no dramas)? If people can build their own skateboard, inc tune the VESC and load modified firmware, then it’s a walk in the park to spin up a VM and assign a USB port to it. Save’s the smart bloke doing the BLDC-tool mods from wasting time/ energy with OS conversions, which could instead go into more testing/ improvements. Just a thought.

3 Likes

I’ve got Windows box around, a vesc, an st-linkv2 for flashing, and a pair. I’ll give it a go. My base machine is Mac as well, so I can fiddle on that side too.

Finally got it running for windows and everything should work.

If anybody wants to test you can download the files here. Windows BLDC-Tool, Modified Firmware and Ubuntu BLDC-Tool

Here are some additional install instructions. Read them before please:

Be aware that this is only for Hardware Version 4.10 or above.

Important: When you upload the Firmware then do not read the settings of the VESC. Flash the Firmware directly. Otherwise this can cause trouble.

1. Open the downloaded BLDC-Tool
  2. Upload the new Firmware which is attached to this email.
  3. Check the default values in the new BLDC Tool. When these are OK then you can use it. If the vaules are creazy then flash the firmware again.
  4. Adjust the settings of your VESC. I would not recommend to use a saved config. It would be better and safer to set the values manually. So you should make screenshots of your old setup or write it down.

But please be careful when you test it. I don’t want that anybody gets hurt.

If you have trouble then let me know. And i really would appreciate some feedback.

11 Likes

Did anybody give it a try yet? I did already around 500km on a single and dual drive with Watt Control Mode. All without issues. But i would like to know what other people think about it.

It’s terribly awesome !!! You rocks @Ackmaniac !

The feature I love the most is the center PPM parameter ! With custom mod, it’s so difficult to keep a symetric curve of the throttle. With your firmware, my dream come true !

I have a spare VESC, I’ll try this asap. :wink:

What am I missing here ? :slight_smile: