Exploding SPACE CELL charger

does anyone actually read the user manual?

Warning label instructions. You have to cover the1%. People dont read instructions, but at least if you put all that with the product its buyer beware. Just saves everyone from having issues.

No the fuse is not designed to protect electronics. Fuses are in place to protect the user from electrocution or fire.

RCAF would disagree fuse is there to protect your kit form a high current surge.

Manuals are a tool to reduce liability. Nobody ever reads anything, but you can say they should have, and that you included it, and it helps shift liability in the event of a claim. But no one ever reads a manual when faced with the excitement of opening and immediately using a product theyā€™ve been waiting ā€œa long timeā€ for.

2 Likes

Far far in the galaxy !

1 Like

What user manual? I j got my space cell 20 minutes ago and didnā€™t not receive a user manualā€¦

According to the enertion site the fast charger charges to 42v at 2amps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/42V-2A-Smart-Balance-Electric-Scooter-Power-Battery-Charger-EU-Plug-NEW-WF/111869063384?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35389%26meid%3D85508df06ecc479ea8e869b2059ac265%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D161925126609

Maybe it has some safety features that are valued but I imagine all that is in the bms and all it really is is a power supply

I donā€™t know what RCAF is but riddle me this:

what causes the high current surge?

nah donā€™t answer, its rhetorical. Iā€™m just going to go ahead and disagree with you and RCAF. (whatever that is)

Royal Canadian air force

same with google http://www.schoolphysics.co.uk/age11-14/glance/Electricity%20and%20magnetism/Fuses_and_circuit_breakers/index.html

well todays devices are more fragile

i think this conversation is not anymore about the charger anymore.

@longhairedboy I agree that manuals are often produced just to reduce liability, but I always at least skim them. I might be an outlier, but I love reading about the tools I have and how they work. RTFM!

I think we know what the issue is.