Exploding SPACE CELL charger

First the default I think it was 110 but then I switched fuses and tried again but the same thing happened.

Did you put in the same rated fuse? If yes and it is still goes boom, youā€™re charger is toast.

If you plugged it in with the setting at 110v it will have burned out components on the first try, so setting it to 220v setting afterwards would not help. Unfortunately.

Accidentally switched a PC power supply to 110v once, did much the same as your charger and remained dead after.

Id probably agree with @cmatson Especially now that you confirmed you did it 110v first.

Isnā€™t the fuse meant to protect the electronics in the first place ?

This is fucked up man. How hard are you guys making it for me to charge the battery . :disappointed:Have to buy a new one. Sht

I feel for you as you probably waited awhile for the battery. The good news is you wont ever do it again for any other such devices, As Enertion are selling internationally the charger is going to be multi country use.

Its unfortunate for you.y

Sorry dude, but the fuse is there to protect wires from firing up. you could buy charger for laptop from electric store.

1 Like

The website says (battery comes with a standard charger included), so i didnā€™t order the fast charger, because iā€™ll charge overnight anyways.

And I paid for the extra charger and thought I would get two

Are you btw the kid who did the 50-50 grind with the board?

Nope that was suomeone else

It depends on how itā€™s built, some devices donā€™t have fuse protection on the mains side, relying on the fuse box in your house if a short occurs. The problem is it generally donā€™t cause a short when you plug in a 110v based device to 220v mains, you just burn up some components inside.

Not if you upgrade to fast charger. You only get the 1 charger.

In my personal opinion, the voltages should have been set correctly at the factory for their target addresses, and voltages for target addresses are a very simple and known quantity. Relying on customers to remember to check and change their own voltages probably isnā€™t a good thing and will result in more issues just like this. Even PC power supplies ordered for the US come switched to 110. Hell i canā€™t even get the right cord from the factory. Neither of the space cells i ordered for myself came with a charger cord for the US. Iā€™m using one from a playstation, and one from a coffee maker. It makes me wonder if i should have opened all the ones i relayed to people in the US and checked them. Maybe I should have.

1 Like

Fucking sad !!! Try with on the onloop to see if he can send you a new one in compensation for the long waiting if your battery ???shit happens!!

nice meme :joy:

does shit have hair growing out of them ? that is some Sick Shit ! :hankey:

anyone would love to befriend this kid ! so hardworking ! watch !

also , an advice to the harworking kid , dont place charger near the space cell or any other items that can catch those sparks . charger will get heated up , so place it in well ventillated area .

And maybe the vendor could add a simple user manual with setup instructions.

Iā€™ll arrange a new oneā€¦ buy this and write a note saying what you want. http://www.enertionboards.com/how-to-build-eboard/custom-board-upgrade-charge/

a warning label to check the voltage is a good ideaā€¦ ill also put a label on there to ask people to read the warning label :slight_smile:

1 Like