Evolve GT | Problems & Solutions

it’s a 4p 10ah pack, so most likely 80a continuous, though it’s possible it’s less. Like i said, the larger sag is due to the heavy acceleration, not just uphill performance. This is how the GT pays for increased performance. I also wouldn’t really trust the GT battery meter and just get a direct reading from the terminals as they set up their meter with a bias.

I’m not saying the GT is a great board without faults, I’m actually kind of agreeing with you on this. I’m just saying my board was fine, with no electronics problems

1 Like

Like I said, I understand your sentiments regarding the bad experience. But the constant negative comments bring nothing constructive to the community. When you start calling people sheep and idiots…how is that helping the esk8 building community? I just thought your comments were getting a little off track for the thread and adding unnecessary clutter for people that are looking for information.

2 Likes

Nismo, why are you constantly defending crap? if there’s problems, they should be adressed here. you can post in the other thread about so many people having no problems with their boards and are happy. dude! you really think “normal users” know about voltage sag, or how to even measure that? lol

3 Likes

Not defending… I totally agree. If there is issues, they must be addressed. But also doing my homework searching around, there is plenty of people who are also quite happy with the board. I’m still waiting for mine to arrive. As I discussed with @BoardSportsRN, I live in one the flattest of places around. No hills for easily 150+ kms. He explained to me the issues and concerns regarding the voltage sag. I had no idea before. So for people in my similar riding situation (Netherland, Denmark, Northern Germany), Voltage sag is likely not going to be a major issue. Not saying it won’t happen, but 20 meters is declared a hill here…just saying all riders have different criteria for what they are looking for.

I am more concerned with remote cut outs personally. Some of us don’t have the knowledge/time to do our own build and the best available option in Europe for off the shelf boards, I personally think is Evolve (distributors located locally instead of state side or Australia) … as Mellow is still a bit off from deliveries… for now.

Just saying were not all in the same boat when it comes to options. Something that needs to be considered for us international (EU) customers.

I’m only trying to find out what peoples issues are and doing as much learning as I can. Just sharing the very little knowledge I have with others that may be newbies as well and are excited to get their board.

No doubt, with what people have posted…I will be going into my experience paying much closer attention to detail rather than being blindly excited by the new wheels.

Is there not some sort of a tiny low voltage meter we could put in there to at least give you a half second warning? I had a little one for my drone. Don’t know how much space there is to work with. I know …WE shouldn’t have to find solutions . Just asking as I have no idea

What setup would you recommend instead of the Carbon GT from your professional opinion

Ah, I see.

Do any of those have a 2 in 1 pneumatic wheel option for offroad and street?

1 Like

I’m all set with the CGT and Marbel but thanks anyway.

2 Likes

Hey I agree with you that @BoardSportsRN should probably tone it back a bit, but I do think he is right about what he is saying about Evolve. My CGT is currently back at Evolve for the second time due to the board randomly shutting down while riding. Also let me be very clear. You do not have to be riding on hills or off road for this shut down to happen. (I wish this was the case because I then could at least know when to anticipate it.) Even after my board was “fixed” and returned to me the first time, I went on a very short ride (less than a mile) on a completely flat road to go get my car, and the board shut down on me before I made it to my destination. Not to mention I was only going about 5mph the whole time literally because I was scared and knew I had to send it back again. So my “fixed” board has to be “fixed” again. I have had my board a total of 4 days. Got it suffered some pretty serious injuries from the board shutting down on me, sent it in to have it “fixed”, got it back rode 2 days, ripped some pants and some road rash, and now its getting “fixed” again. I absolutely LOVE my CGT when it works, but a board that shuts down randomly is far too dangerous for me. I hope that Evolve figures it out.

1 Like

Hi Duder

Took off all the wheels and regreased all the bearings again. Also greased the wheels where the bearings pop into. Guess what…Cruising like a ninja now!!!

Agreed. I’m hoping that when the board is more readily available for the masses, we can find someone with the know how to help sort out these things.
Evolve needs to get on top of this. Perhaps if we get enough people together or lodge a mass complaint we can get some sort of an answer. Sucks to hear about your crashes bud…and being without your board also is a bummer. Glad to hear your Ok.

Keep us posted on if it persists when you get it back.

1 Like

Wow, @BoardSportsRN, I was just defending you and saying that you are right and that Evolve does have an issue that needs to be addressed and that they aren’t doing a good job handling it. However, thanks for furthering my point that you need to tone it back. [quote=“BoardSportsRN, post:95, topic:5486”] Get off my balls [/quote]

Even though you are probably right, you sound like crying two year old rather than someone who knows what they are talking about. I know you are trying to get your message out there, but people are just going to ignore you rather than listen to what you have to say. Also as someone who says they are starting a board company, you are doing a good job of alienating your potential customers. I respect your knowledge and thoughts; however, I think everyone would appreciate it if you were a little more constructive in your posts.

See if you can respond constructively without insults and unnecessary negativity towards Evolve.

5 Likes

i’m late to the discussion. I don’t understand I got one and it works great. is there something we should be concerned about besides wheels that need a little grease? am i missing something?

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve been doing regular commutes over the last few weeks, all 100% cool. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-XWpKc0Gk8