Evolve Bamboo GT battery upgrade

@longhairedboy I’m 666% sure you’re the most entertaining person on this forum

8 Likes

4 months later I still haven’t received my battery and Kevin doesn’t reply my messages anymore. What else to say?

@Maralc you know I’ve been trying to get this pack sent to you in Australia! However, every effort so far has failed… I’ve wasted over £150 on shipping because you told me how badly you wanted this battery.

However, I think it’s time to give up! As you paid your deposit by bank transfer, I’ve already asked you for your bank details in order to send your money back…paypal would be easier though… but you haven’t responded as yet…?

I know you were trying. But last time you replied my messages was March 11. I messaged you many times since without feedback. Providing the bank details right now.

The only shipment I know of was the first one which you declared as a marble board without discussing with me. Customs caught it and returned as false declaration. After the first one was returned there was no other feedback about any other shipment or any replies to my inquiries.

Well that’s not entirely accurate. Turns out everything going by air to Australia gets x-rayed before it gets on the plane… Each time this has happened. It doesn’t happen with any other destination I’ve found, just Australia which is why I no longer state I can ship there…

As soon as you provide me with your bank details I can send your deposit back.

1 Like

Hmm…this thread hasn’t died yet. Welp. Like everything in life, I procrastinated on this project and finally finished my 10s4p battery with LG HG2 cells 7 months later. It works great, although with AT wheels on my Evolve Bamboo GT it only goes 13 miles from 100% to 0%. It’s a success, although I still wish it could go even farther. Anyway… good experience. I might try to double this capacity again and get a deeper enclosure from somewhere.

There is something wrong with your battery. A 10s4p of HG2 brings you much further, even under heavy stress with that board!

I don’t know what to compare to though. Some reviews online say the stock battery can fetch 10-11 miles on flat terrain. My tires were underinflated so that could have contributed to the range that I got. I don’t know. Not sure how I would test my battery capacity.

1 Like

I also want to add that half of my test was done on dirt paths. I should do it on a flat asphalt surface…

2 Likes

I discovered several breakages in my welding lol. I made the pack a bit more flexible too after tearing it completely apart. It’s pretty safe now. I get around 20 miles on fast mode. Good enough for me. I’ll build a Trampa-type board for my next project.

2 Likes

I suspect New Zealand are lithium-ion Nazis too :frowning:

Hi All, been reading through loads of threads on this topic…why because my BMS is dead AGAIN and Im not going to pander to Evolves Ludacris feess all for it to be the only component again that has ‘Water’ damage.

Does anyone know if the UART code has ben collected or it there is a UART and switch bypass?

Ultimately Ill move to Dual Vesc option, but right now Id prefer to not spend the money and also work on a solution others could use?

Thanks to all for the valuable input around this topic so far

G