Evolve Bamboo GT battery upgrade

I ordered all the materials needed for this project. I’ve been debating whether to do it myself or to hire someone to make it for me. In the end I decided that since I’m hooked on electric skateboards now, I might as well start collecting the tools needed to make additional batteries in the future. Well, here goes!

2 Likes

Is there an electrical schematic around?

If anybody needs this done in the UK I can help with the battery pack upgrade… I’ve just completed two and I have the correct Evolve-specific 11 pin connector for the BMS.

Pm me for more info…

1 Like

Just got in on ThisGuyHere group buy on 40 cells. Will be down your way in about a month how much time do you need. Have you ever thought about taking on One Wheel? I have two and I burn through both before the Bamboo dies.

Hi All,

I am offering battery mods for Bamboo GT and Carbon GT in Germany.

If you are interested in this, please sent a PM. or contact me via WhatsApp 015120940064

1 Like

I have a Evolve GTX and want the Samsung battery upgrade via “longhairedboy” but is there a new larger cover I can put on it rather than routing out wood on the OEM deck?

With all that flex, I’d rather not comprise the deck by taking wood out of it.

http://kevindark.co.uk/evolve-battery-upgrade :+1:

1 Like

Kevin’s new battery looks great. I can solder so that shouldn’t be a problem. I think I’d opt for a 6mm foam or similar spacer over routing into the deck.

Has anyone who routed out their deck noticed increased flex? or maybe less durability due to losing that wood?

One of my customers said he really regrets routing the deck and that now he feels like it’s going to snap on every ride :frowning:

1 Like

can’t he put a layer of glass on the bottom if it bothers him that much?

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good idea too. And it’s already welled so you could easily do a resin injection on the glass to keep it super thin.

1 Like

Yeah could do I guess. I’ll suggest it to him :wink:

1 Like

dug it too deep?

It’s possible… I don’t know as I didn’t do it but he feels it’s too flexy now… :confused:

opens trampa’s customer service handbook

ok… lets see what you could have done here… hmmm… ok… yeah.

• Did you try blaming the customer and making them feel bad for even asking?
  • Did you try hitting it with hammer?
  • Have you tried trademarking the mod and telling them that’s what they get for trying to produce a trademarked mod and make it seem like you’re the only one that can do it?
11 Likes

All I can say is its a good thing you don’t have boobs or I’d kiss you for that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i think you can still kiss me if you say “no-homo” afterwards. I’m pretty sure that’s how it works. In fact you can have full on gay sex with a dude if you say “no-homo.” It means you’re not gay, just appreciative.

at least that’s what i’ve heard from the myriad homophobic maladjusted emotionally inept insecure egomaniacal… err… i mean people.

4 Likes

Well…I’m definitely maladjusted and egomaniacal, but definitely not homophobic. Live and let live right ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’ve felt the kiss of death… and you know what the reaper said to me as i was waking up on the street?

“no homo bro…”

4 Likes

weird… same thing happened to me with skatan this morning :thinking:

2 Likes