Evolve Bamboo Gt 12Ah battery upgrade

A friend has modified the SPL, I just sent it to print, lets see how it looks!

Maybe just use a smaller bms. I have a bamboo gt with original enclosure running a high discharge 80A BMS with dual Focbox. I added some foam between the deck and enclosure so the BMS can go on top off the focbox

1 Like

Thanks @pjotr47, yes, my bms is too big … I have already sent to print the longest piece, as soon as it arrives, if all goes well, I will finally upload my skate to the sk8 builds section

1 Like

I have designed a spacer for the heatsink so you can double up the bms and vesc. Similar to the one I did for the CGT but with groves to fit over the heatsink shape of the Bamboo board. I haven’t tried it on the 3D printer yet so will most likely need tweaking. I’ll post it on here once I have it finished.

Hey Marsen, yea could send me the link if you like thanks - [email protected]

Fyi i am tempted to have a go at the battery but a) im lazy and b) im not really set up for it…

Do you have a guess on eta for the batt and enclosure?

Ps i sent you a PM

Sent you the guide via email Battery 2 - 3 weeks and enclosure about 2 months till the first one.

1 Like

Hey Mark, I am loving your post! I am across the ditch in NZ and am in the progress to upgrade my BGT too… Your extension enclosure was exactly what I was looking for, is there any chance you would be able to email me the STL file too please? (I cant find the PM message button for the life of me too… ehhh) [email protected]

Thanks so much dude!

I have designed a new spacer for the Bamboo boards. It fits under the heatsink and provides the space needed for the ESC/BMS. This way you don’t need to cut the end off the enclosure. I also have jst plugs and cables for the BMS. 20190423_135439 BMS%20cable This is the cable and plug fitted to a battery by Jaydawg56 I also have good quality copper braid for the interconnections. The spacer has slots for the fins and extends down into the enclosure to create a seal. Only $25 and includes the longer screws. JST plug and 600mm cables $12. Copper braid $4 mtr.

1 Like

that looks fantastic! Where and how would I order this from you? I haven’t actually taken my BGT apart yet but im guessing the BMS sits where the extention is?

Hey @Marsen

How are you going on the custom GTX enclosures? I’m hoping to buy a new battery off you soon.

I’m not to sure what my options are with what you make. Does your 10S4PGA fit in the stock enclosure?

I’ve made a prototype and will be making a few changes for better fit. Hope to start making them in a few weeks all going well.

This one is the extra size which will fit a 15Ah 10S5P.

2 Likes

The cells lines up the same way as we do 18650s? I can’t imagine 10 more cells length-wise and still fit under a GTX length deck

This link is a guy that has done it to his GTX.

@Marsen I can’t wait to see the final product. I did a 16.5km run last night and got back home just on the stock battery. What sort of $$$ are you looking at for the new enclosure?

Hi Marsen, may i bother you for the extension piece STL? my email = jarnop AT gmail DOT com

gr. Jarno

No problem. Sent

1 Like

Hey, I’m looking to upgrade my battery soon for my bamboo gt - some time ago I was lucky enough to have Kevin Dark (aka the battery guy) do this for me but seems now I’m on my own. @Marsen have you completed the enclosure yet? I would be interested to set up 15Ah 10S5P as you suggested it’s the best. I currently have a spacer and bms lifted inside to fit my previous built 12Ah 10S5P, which is currently on its last legs. I wonder how complex the upgrade/printing of new enclosure would be for a beginner like me… Would need to buy all the necessary tools too xD

Hi @Bernard Bernard, printing an enclosure might sound easy enough but it actually takes more effort than most people will put in. If you have a good printer and can do 3D CAD work then give it a go. PETG is a popular filament as it is easier to print than ABS and stronger and more flexible than PLA. There are lots of other specialty filament materials so research is the key as not all printers can cope with them especially the high temp ones. You can also try joining a couple of bamboo enclosures together as I have seen this done successfully. Also means less design work. ABS can be welded or joined with home made ABS glue (ABS and Acetone mix). Hope this was helpful. This guy did it with some plastic sheet.

Hi Mark, I also wanto to do a 10S4P upgrade and I also would love to get your STL file. Could u share it to me by any chance? My email is [email protected]

Thx in advance!

@Marsen Can you share your model for 10s5p case? Would be great instead of cutting the original case and extend.