Evolve Bamboo Gt 12Ah battery upgrade

Hey @Marsen Love seeing what you are doing.

I have just bought a BGTX and am probably going to be doing the battery upgrade next year when it’s 12 months old. Also love that you are Australian based. Just out of curiosity how are you going with making the new enclosures? Also what are the chances of building batteries that are “Airline compatible” so that we can take them on flights. I know that the range will be reduced but it will give people a travel option.

Cheers

Hello! I just sent you a pm to ask for the SPL. I have updated the battery of my Evolve Gen2 and I will need the extension. I hope you do not mind. Thank you!

The enclosures are progressing( slowly) I have been building a large CNC router (1500mm x 900mm) which is about 80% completed. I hope to start carving out enclosures soon, still working on the CAD design work, not very fast or good with that at the moment as I am still learning. I also have the vacuum forming machine to finish as I am looking at an enclosure that is made with a combination of the two machines. I have also been looking at flight compatible enclosures too.

Sent file to your email

That’s awesome. I can’t wait to see the enclosures when you start making them.

Received! Thanks!

Hi Mark,

I tried everything, but PM just does not show in my browser. Please please send the STL file to Koehler-Stefan at gmx.net Thanks! On your other questions: I am working with a shop here in Germany who has knowledge on batteries, but has never done a Skateboard yet … I assume they will try to use the old leads. But it might be interesting. Please give me the www adress when you are ready to sell. Cheers Stefan

Hey, saw your post, I have been digging the internet for this cover!! would it be posible to share your 3d print file for the 10s5p battery cover for the GT!? [email protected]

Did you get the stl file?

The small extension piece only allows a 10S4P to fit. The 10S5P enclosure is a redesigned full enclosure. It is 90% finished and I will be making the enclosures myself. It is 600mm long so not designed for a 3D printer but a cnc router.

Hi Mark, great, yes I did get the STL file now. It seems to be the STL file for the extension - while I meant the STL file for the gasket. Maybe I was unprecise. Could you send this as well? Cheers Stefan

Oh, Ok shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll have to check my files and see if I still have it.

Hey Marsen,

I recently bought a GTX and i actually quite like it, got a great deal too… I’m thinking about buying a better battery, the one i have does serve it purpose but I’m greedy and want to go further, faster, more often… I mainly commute and dont really go off road.

What battery do i want? well i would like to go 30kms on my AT wheels and at fast pace, i also want the battery to last the test of time…

any suggestions?

Many thanks in advanve.

Dave.

1 Like

Hi Dave, the problem with the Bamboo boards is they can only fit a 12Ah 10S4P if you want to keep the original look as much as possible. I have sold a couple of 10S8P batteries to Bamboo owners but they have had to fit a 15mm spacer to get it to fit. They had GTX boards so the board was also routed out. GT boards would need a 20mm spacer to fit the doubled up battery. I am working on a range of enclosures to suit the Evolve Bamboo boards so that you can fit a 15Ah battery in quite easily. It is a few months away from design, prototype then production. I think the 15Ah 10S5P is a great choice for Evolve boards as it gives the board the ability to perform as it should and not too heavy or bulky. I can offer you a 10S4P as an easy fit, you will still need a spacer or rout the board where the ESC sits. The Samsung cells are a great choice for esk8 and you will get many more recharges than the stock one.

1 Like

Ok so i guess firstly i can wait if its worth the wait… It sounds like the 12Ah 10S4P is not much better than the original apart from the reduced sag. 15mm is probs a bit much… i would guess the 10S8P perform above and beyond expectations tho. Could you hazard a guess at the performance of a 15Ah 10S5P? If its worth the wait then it sounds like that is the go… Now as for the 15Ah 10S5P what is the issue? It it too long, wide or deep? Would i need a new BMS or VESC/remote? Sorry for all the questions…

Hi Dave, sorry been busy at work then flying home. The 15Ah battery is my favourity, plenty of power no voltage sag and easy to make :smile: It is however too long for the Bamboo board enclosure. Which is why I have designed a replacement enclosure. It also gives you a finish product rather than your old enclosure and a spacer. The BMS and ESC work fine with this battery as it uses the same voltage and configuration. I have a guide I have written with lots of pictures showing what’s involved. I can send you this in an email if you like.

1 Like

Can you show us too?

it sounds sweet!

Hello @Marsen , thank you very much for the piece you sent me in STL for the evolve Bamboo. I already have everything assembled and the enclousure cuted, but when I tried to close it with the piece that you sent me I see that it is short for me. My BMS must be too big and I still need 1.5cm of extra space.

Do you have another version of the piece with the same position of the bolts but with the far end leaving a little more space?

I’ve been trying to modify the version you sent me (tinkercad and meshmixer) but I’m not capable.

Thank you!

Hi @Natch, that’s strange I have given a few of these away and they all said that it fitted. Can you send any pictures. I don’t have a longer version as I am working on a complete new replacement enclosure to fit a 15Ah battery instead as this is something I get asked a lot about for the Bamboo boards.

Hello! The problem is that I do not have evolve electronics, but a unity and a fairly large bms, in this photo you can see the modified Enclosure and still missing site and the bms mounted on top of the vesc.IMG-20190404-WA0014 Screenshot_20190408-073810