[EU] Fucked by police / need help by calculating max speed

not anyone in partucular. but say someone doesn’t follow road laws and puts drivers and themselves at risk.

anyone who is not driving on nyc roads is putting themselfs at risk. :rofl:

thats the point they can’t drive, so why the *** would you be a pedestrian around people that can’t drive. lol he’s saying you’re safer driving then being a pedo

I understood that about 5 seconds after I made my initial post, so I just had to reuse the comment I made and say something else

its whatever tho, in the bin with most of my other thoughts :upside_down_face:

exactly if you cant beat em join em. :rofl:

too bad im not old enough

1 Like

On what grounds did they fine you the 50€?

not shure yet… didnt have any letter until now.

Thats really low! Germany is ridiculously strict on their laws

It have its good and its bad…

1 Like

How did they clock your speed don’t you all have the same innocent until proven guilty and burden of proof on the police? Calculated values don’t matter unless it’s actually being used… most cars are capable of going way over any speed limits in the US it doesn’t mean you can’t drive them.

Speed doesnt really matter… if they can see that u are going over 6km/h, they make a spot traffic check… and then u have to show them your driver licence, because its motor powered and faster then 6km/h. Then u have to show them the insurace. Every motorrized vehicle needs that in germany… here is the big thing!

No insurance is a huge crime…

Rough!!! motor rpm x wheel height(in inches) / trans ratio x 146 = mph

There has to be a plug and play calc for that online?? I’m new to esk8 but learning.

If it matters you can divide your given rpm by your gear ratio, then multiply a new ratio and the net difference is the rpm change you will see at the same given road speed.

I don’t know what your final drive ratio (or gearing) is or I’d do the math 4 U. Good luck getting your ride back!! Can you insure your board in the US?? May have helped my parents when I accidently broke a bank’s window with my aluminum deck waaaayyy back in the 70’s. Ouch-

https://calc.3dservisas.eu/

EU, no mph allowed in this thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. JK

1 Like

Well saw in the noobs thread you have metr, if you have your settings correct for number of poles, pulley ratio, and wheel size then it should also be giving you accurate numbers, here if you aren’t breaking any laws you can’t be asked to stop and identify. I do like the idea of being able to get insurance for my ride and just in case someone ever tried to pin an accident on me but otherwise just assume medical insurance is really all I need (in America you must have medical or your life will be hell)

Just fact checked myself and a little off, it varies state by state some places they just can’t stop you and ask for ID

Another thought/question on this, why do you need insurance on an esk8? Is it that your body is going to be hit by a car and you need to pay for the damages to the car if you’re at fault? Does the same thing apply to bikers or pedestrians? if no why not?

1 Like

so true. but you can ride an ebike in germany that goes up to 30kmh and there is no law to use a helmet while riding and you need no insurance. I think 30kmh free for all electric vihicles would be fair, but we all know the endless greed of the government. EDIT: they want us to pay taxes, pay for an insurance, pay for energy and so on. Dont know that much about american laws, but in germany you have to pay for everything you do several times. just one payment is never enough in germany…you have to pay taxes if your a poor pig for collecting bottles in the streets. This country just sucks

This is what you should have done. ‘sees cops’ go full send and get as far away as possible then turn down onto a bike path. Once on the path they will have to follow on foot, then just circle back and go home. Easier said than done lol

1 Like

This is what happened in the end. Thanks for the informations

1 Like

Did u already have to pay something? I didn’t get any papers from the police till yet.

Oh man hopefully you get it back without much to pay Cross my fingers for ya Really thinking of adding a slow and fast mode to my board exactly for such scenarios