But without effort :laughing: still worth it

1 Like

Ok I see what you’re doing there xD

2 Likes

3 km/h is more like slow walking
 Normal walking speed is 6-7 km/h :blush:

1 Like
3 Likes

image (from my semester thesis, ERPM=f_1)

with your 14/40 gearing and 97mm abecs I get. 2.72m/s = 9.79km/h

probably a bit lower with losses, but Im not sure about that

2 Likes

That law sucks. 6kph is like a handicapped old lady trying to walk. Even if they bring it to 20kph that’s slow as fuck.

11 Likes

We also have 20kmh in Belgium. I hope so one they bring it to 25kmh. As long it’s alound is good. Then you need to pay attention. But at least you can cruise most of the time and when you are alone do some sprints for fun. Sub 30kmh is a good speed to reach your destition farly fast and safe. 6kmh it’s just not possible. Then I would kick instead.

2 Likes

It is ment for elderly e-bikes as a startup help. If it surpasses that speed it gets categorized as a motorized vehicle=car so you need insurance, a seat, licence plate, TÜV etcetc

I hope they approve the new planed 20kmh speed law soon

Im so sorry for you @StefanMe
 I’ll bring 2 HAYA shortboards next week

4 Likes

that’s stupid, why would the police pull you over
 at least in NYC the cops just don’t care (yet)

I can’t even imagining cruising at 20 km/h that’s just pure slow, 35 km/h is more my speed. and saying you have an esk8 and cruising at 6 km/h is just embarrassing as a normal skateboard will fly past you. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::joy:

1 Like

that sucks
 I pass police doing 55kph all the time lol :frowning:

7 Likes

It sucks, hope you’ll sort it out with not too much problems :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Lol as walking fast I meant as fast as walking - not very fast

1 Like

i fear the police know how much we pay for these boards. They figure we’d pay a pretty hefty fine to get them back.

1 Like

Yeah bully those that go green

3 Likes

unfortunately

i think they’ll start caring when idiots do idiotic things on them.

1 Like

who are you directing that at? (people who dont wear helmets?) as long as people dont ride fast on sidewalks than everything should be ok, for ex. hoverboards were banned from nyc streets but the police just dont care

2 Likes