eSkate Lights thread

Yeah I’m using trusty duct tape right now lol… But Will probably just use a couple bits of Velcro… On small square on yhe top square and glue the latching bit to the bottom and it’ll wrap over the ends keeping.em from sliding out

Well 1 point goes to road vibration… I just gorilla glued the F out of it and well see how long that holds… Whos good with 3d printing? These are my first ever CAD creations… Did I miss something during design or did the printers? I assumed the base would have been a solid piece… But knowing nothing about 3d prinitng and the various plastic options… 0617182106a

Have you used Pla? If then it’s normal. Use some PETG at least for these applications

1 Like

Will see how long the gorilla glued holds… If not then I will use a diff material next time! Thx

Yeah bro, not PLA, PETG. Beginner here too. Its a bit harder to print, but same goes to break it :slight_smile:

TPU would be even better, soak up the vibrations. Layer bonding is really strong

1 Like

I probably should have asked first but u know… And the cost for abs or petg wasnt that much higher on 3dhubs so whenever it finally dies =P

Agree with TPU I use it for all my quad stuff which typically endures some pretty high impact forces. I had the polycarbonate shell on a go pro crack and the TPU mount holding it on was fine (replaced the loops that were polycarbonate with TPU ones epoxied onto it). The tpu is pretty rubbery feeling so it’s great for absorbing impacts. Only down side I see with it is can be a bit tricky to print with (especially with bowden tube) it can stick to the PTFE tube and can get bound up in the extruder (loops back on itself because it’s not rigid at all). Also don’t expect to be making any substantial support material with it since it all droops and oozes together.

Just leaving this here in case someone wants to pick it up…

a2e377e88470ae9e39a7ee240cda391b3859a1dc_1_690x461

ace887e5192e2ec5489756f6fa2ab4290f13dd28_1_690x461

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2954450 STLs available here.

Lights from Banggood

10 Likes

Looks super dope, it’s basicly looking like my dream board.

How’s thier actual range in the dark?

1 Like

IMG20180615203308

IMG20180615203245

The fact that they are near to the ground won’t make them very useful to be honest…

I use a helmet mounted light for range…

2 Likes

I use my board to get to and from work and most the time I get off work after 2 a.m… I’ve got shredlights now and they’re not too bad. But the streets in the neighborhood and the lighting leave a lot to be desired on my route. I might have to try the helmet light but I’ll have to get a helmet first…

I find shred lights or any other light mounted on the deck are only good for people to see you, not for you to see the road… Get a helmet mounted torch light and it will be much better.

2 Likes

Really…the best investment you can make is protecting yourself. Get a helmet for yourself and help protect and respect the sport we all love. All we need is another lost rider. There are so many options.

1 Like

Yeah I really need to get a new helmet. Last one got cracked. I kind of want a full face one this time I just have a big melon and end up looking like kazoo from The Flintstones. Need to do some research to finding something that’s safe and slim. My current board is just a Riptide so I’m not as worried riding without a helmet. But my first Build I’m currently planning is definitely going to require a helmet.

Oh I know, the current board is pretty slow and I typically ride it about 10 miles per hour most the time because there’s a stop sign every block and the roads are terrible. And I only have to ride it about a mile a day I learned how to ride a board before I learn how to ride a bike, I’m more confident on a skateboard that I am walking some days. I do agree I need a helmet. I’ve just done a lot of downhill stuff going well over 40 miles per hour.

I understand your thoughts however it is never about your skill and ability it is unfortunately the the lack of driving skills of people behind the wheels of automobiles that are your greatest danger.

Oh I definitely know that first-hand. I got ran over 3 years ago by a large SUV. Got really messed up

IMG_20180623_083217

Hopefully this will help visibility towards the evening. I still want to get a set of headlights and taillights but I don’t really ride in the dark so it’s not much of an issue.

1 Like