The Electric Boarder Thunder in the Mountains Colorado Event

Barely made it out the last time 10 years ago, ‘mock’ execution by 10 of my best friends with these

I may have to reorder it would be a great diversion placed in @bigben’s luggage while my esk8/battery pack sails through in mine

5 Likes

Challenge accepted!!!

3 Likes

@Lunasi you had said they park gets a lot of foot traffic would it be better for the vendors if the event spanned a weekend as I would think more people would in the parks over the weekend and make more business exposure for the vendors.

As for everyone else that attending the Vegas weekend how did you get your boards there as most of up have batteries that can fly on planes. I was talking to my wife and she said if we don’t got to Maine that we can go. Might just bring a non powered board so I can carry it on the plain.

1 Like

ground ship, but @longhairedboy is working a solution.

2 Likes

awesome. maybe if you promote it in the right places it could become a big spectator event right from the start. will there be food vendors?

what’s the course like? hard to tell from the pic and didn’t read the thread but it looks like a big course. something you could hit 50mph on. no? wish it had a max of maybe 30

1 Like

Ground ship in a big cardboard box, or a plywood crate. The Vegas weekend was the first time I had shipped a complete!

2 Likes

Hey Bri,

The only concern is we’re trying to afford the two race days during the week because the rates are much lower. The day in the park would be the first day of the event because it’s really a time for people to meet, greet, drool at eachothers boards and cruise around. I can certainly look into that but it would likely have to be a Sunday as the race days would then be Monday/Tuesday with the 4th day being the mountain ride day. I also figure people would prefer to be here at the end towards the weekend so they can go out at night and enjoy bars/clubs or whatever else. Lots of stuff to consider!

3 Likes

the boxes i got off amazon for vegas were garbage. I’m gonna build a crate for Denver.

3 Likes

I’m going to try and head back and take some videos of the course and see if I can actually ride it, once we hit the deposit. Gotta go pro to record it with now. Planning to get multiple food trucks daily for meat eaters and vegetarians!

6 Likes

How much is domestic shipping for boards. Still trying to figure this out.

2 Likes

shipped two boards to vegas, $100 each way.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20181216-105412_Maps

yes please

2 Likes

I didn’t think about higher rates for weekends just was thinking about foot traffic for vendors

3 Likes

The site looks huge. The race done on the little go kart track before seemed pretty ideal allowing people to get up to only 25mph with a lot of turns and a test of riding abilities more than if the board can do 50mph.

I think we’re more of an urban sport and like to see an event in the city. Somehwhere we could easily ride to and the potential audience would be more interested. Not many people are as interested in the rurals of Colorado as in the cities no?

3 Likes

Yeah I purposely chose a track that actually lets people take advantage of their board versus cruising tight turns at boosted speed. This event really focuses on the builder community and most want to burn rubber on the track. There’s multiple races throughout each day and sponsors who bring boards will be given stock races to show off their own product, those races will be skill based as everyone will have the same boards that go the same speed. Also if you’ve ever raced on a smaller go kart track you’ll quickly realize you can only have 2 people on the course at a time or collisions will happen. For a event of potentially 50+ people it would take a long time to run 2 person races all day.

5 Likes

What if you did heats when the first two riders where halfway through the track another 2 start so that there is always 2 people going on the track to cut down on the time people are at the track and should lower the price of the track rental

1 Like

Well we’re doing full day rentals on both tracks in order to maximize on the amounts of races and riders so we should have ample time to do whatever we want and don’t need to worry about cutting down to save money. This event is really sponsor driven which is why we cut down the cost this year to save you all money. I’ve spoken to a few sponsors looking to give more funds and be direct promoters for the event and that gives us more ability to supply you guys with a badass event and not have what it costs us being a concern. Honestly the more you can all speak to whatever connections you have with companies and get them on board the more we can do for you. PM me if you need my contact info to reach out, discuss the event further, send my information to company owners.

If we can get a more big names on the books we can really award you all more for coming with prizes and goodies. This event is all about you guys having fun, getting to explore all the names and brands in boarding, riding with people from across the world and making connections!

8 Likes

Anyone here got a connection with the big prebuilt esk8 companies like boosted or evolve because it would be real nice for them to see everyone’s insanely awesome builds. So they can learn from us because most of our boards kick there boards asses

5 Likes

On that topic, Kota longboards is local, they are trying to get into esk8, I’m sure they could learn a thing or two from us. @Lunasi and I told the owner they need to get focboxes (unity now, I guess :grin:) instead of the cheap Chinese stuff.

1 Like

I’ve spoken to a couple people trying to connect me with them but I haven’t heard anything back from those companies yet

1 Like