Esc/vesc just tell me which, cant decide, meepo upgrade!

Conservative is 25 Wh / mile.

Typical is 10 Wh / km.

10 Wh / mile is Evolve-level optimistic and never achievable in real-world conditions.

I typically get 18 Wh / mile

Ok my bad, I forgot it was per km (ironically my country’s units are in km too).

You wanna build 4x10s4p / 2x10s8p / 10s16p / 160 cells ? Which type of board do you want to use ? How much clearance do you have available ? What is max length ? You got me curious.

@accrobrandon hit me a message if you upgrade to 18650 cells.

Yes.

152.4cm Koastal Drifter II

122cm truck-truck, extendable at expense of less tail

Maybe about 137cm ??

i do…i got 4 of the ebay packs 10s2p and wiring 2-3 in parallel… just waiting on the new deck then i get to assembling everything =)

1 Like

Wow that’s no more a longboard, it’s a looooooooongboard ! Paddle type right ?

That’s lot of available space in any case. I’m ironing my modules, maybe you could test them on your build ? I can do a quick calculation on what you may expect for your pack ? It is solid enough for riding under stress IMHO but I tweak millimeters. Must determine if the extra width is worth it or useless. First instead of using flat strips (ideal condition) I wired and tinned my own copper links (that’s the worst, approx 0.5mm round diam and my skills suck so wiring is not regular at all). Still not bad.

I got its small brother done yesterday too.

I was thinking of using multiple packs in case there is flex – or strengthening the board Not sure yet

Both sounds like good solutions… Maybe a bit of each to stiffen but not too much?

Guys i have a meepo 1.5 and I want to upgrade the battery. I want to buy one of the same stock batteries that come with the meepo 1.5 for $20. and I want to connect them together so i can have double the range on my meepo 1.5

I need two batteries in one.

Will it work the same? Is charging the same? if both batteries are connected together??

work the same, yes

charging will take longer…could be double im not sure about that but bigger packs require more time to pump energy into… unless you buy a high amp charger…

example: the meepo 1.5amp charger takes a few hours at empty… i got a 2amp from diyeboard as part of a new hub purchase which is noticeably a bit faster, but not amazingly fast…

and then…i also have a 5amp smart charger which is my fav… i can get a dead meepo battery full in like 90min…

a 12ah in a couple hrs… and 16-18ah in 3hrs (all from about 20% capacity)

they say high amp charging reduces battery life but im ok with that… Im trying to ride and keep moving forward!!