Esc/vesc just tell me which, cant decide, meepo upgrade!

The rating for voltage is all that matters. 4p, 6p, 22p don’t matter thats just range. the esc already has amp limits so you won’t gain any power…

meepo has kinda swappable batteries, just do that…

yeah, whats done is done…now… im onto the diy route salvaging what i can until i can upgrade other components…

I bet you can fit them 10s8p under a normal longboard deck with my solderless modules. And thickness of the pack itself under 42mm :sunglasses:

45-50 cells already possible under a classic ramp skateboard if you leave good space between trucks for the ESC etc.

I’m doing the simulation with my wife’s drop deck I’ll update the post in minutes. Length of the flat surface between drops is around 60cm available space, let’s try it.

Edit : Maximum possible between 90-117 cells and you still have room for electronics (like 2x VESC6 w/ alu cases). Now that’s with a drop deck (which would more be toward 90 cells due to low clearance on sides when carving).

With a flat board like Landyatchz or else you can do the 110+ cells layouts I’m pretty convinced.

Edit 2 : Question is who needs this much on a street board?

1 Like

some one planning on having a long day??

honestly tho… if a 2p gets me about 75min worth of delivery work about 6-9mi of range (guessing) and I work lunch and dinner shifts… i honestly need a 4p per shift to make the $$ before Id prefer to stop and charge… so an 8p could last me all day, both shifts and a ride home… and carry my crappy light 2amp charger in case of emergency and keep the heavy ass speed charger at home…

No offense meant ; Your current 2p pack must have limited amount of Wh.

A conservative power consumption estimation on average street use is 10Wh = 1 mile.

A 10s4p pack of Samsung 30Q for example brings you +500Wh on full charge. That’s 50 miles range on street setup. It is also capable of 80A continuous current. All for around 2.5kg only.

Just saying that a 10s8p of these cells is worth 1kWh. That’s 100 miles potentially, but that’s also +5kg battery to carry inside buildings. Are you running around the city this much?

40x 30Q’s is 432wh. You don’t measure wh’s from full charge since voltage varies, so you calculate using nominal voltage. A more realistic range estimate on that pack is 20-25 miles.

oh im not offended… the meepo 2p is only 4.4ah… and these cheaper ebay packs are like probably closer to 4.2ah… im on a budget big time so the 30Q which i hear is like high capacity would be awesome for the same size… but not an option at this point =)

That’s a huge consumption for street no? +20wh/ mile? MTB with tyres get around 40Wh in climbing abuse if I recall correctly. Unless lot of hills 10wh/mile should be closer to average no?

You should try a group buy if you can spare 100-110€. I feel you there it took me 3 years to get all the parts I wanted (plus some mistakes on the way)

Keep it up!

10wh/km is the widely accepted estimate, and pretty accurate from what I’ve seen and experienced.

1 Like

ok…so a couple wiring Qs,

so i have an idea for a swappable eboard/ebike battery (although i probably should have a nice bike battery that mounts to the frame, for now itll be behind me in some sort of container)

1)So for the 8p battery I take the 4 male connectors… have 4 wires connect as 1 at the female, pos one side neg the other… does this work ok?

for the bike ill use 4 batteries (8p) … for the board Ill use 3 (6p) so wire gauge… Im sure the easy answer is the thicker the better, but I have 16ga on hand, and some 14ga some where… will the 16 be fine??

2)do all the packs connected have to be the same brand? so if i used 2 ebay packs (lg) and the meepo pack (samsung) any issues?

now perhaps for a stupid newbie question, but i wanted to check voltage on the packs and multi meter isnt giving me 36-42 but a higher number… am i on the wrong setting or something?

thanks!

Uhm if that’s reading 90V something is very wrong…

right? well all 4 read between 80-90… and this was 2 separate purchases…but before i found my meter last week i was trusting the battery was on point and plugged it in for a test on my board and no issues… i assume if it really was outputting 90v it would fried my esc or something…? so whats really going on… how am i fn this up?

Switch to 20V setting on multimeter

1. aka max… thoughts.? motors run… is my meter fd?

Still bad reading at 20V setting? What voltage does bldc tool read, I’m not too worried about the battery, its literally impossible for it to be at 90V

im not at bldc tool level yet lol… still new at this…

You need to use it to setup the vesc for use…

no, remember… im gutting my meepo and using the same esc/motors until a later point… basically just adding a few more batteries in parallel for more capacity/range

edit: i dunno what the issue is… if i test AA batteries i get a good read… even when I test the stock battery from my meepo i get the same result…

I need more than that. I’ve got a build started that may end up being 10S16P or 10S4P4P