Enertion Raptor Third(?) batch Info roundup

!!!Battery Problem### @onloop @carl.1
Hello, i am following this thread form beginning, but this is my first time posting :slight_smile: My battery arrived with NO CHARGING PORT. All i can see is some yellowish plastic and circuit boardā€¦ I tryed to cut foil a bit to see if its just dislocatedā€¦but cant find it and i am afraid to cut foil moreā€¦also piece of plastic ring which support rubber cover is brokenā€¦ damn. I already wrote mail to support twice and replay with urgent mailā€¦but no answer due to email problems they got :frowning: . I am really sad coz I got faulty unit :frowning: after so much waiting, guess no luck. I hope I wont wait again for so long I already, almost got in my hands. any suggestions?

My order for raptor mono is #3161, and I am from Netherlands, Amsterdam

That sucks. You could solder one yourself or wait for Enertion to reply.

Sucks big time, especially I donā€™t have my soldering iron, and other tools here where I live nowā€¦(thing is, I didnā€™t design this battery pack, and donā€™t know location of internal components and BMSā€¦) So, its better to wait for an answer from Jason to find a solution, or to give me directions, being patient.

just tagging @onloop and @carl.1 on this just incase he looks on the forums before he checks the business mails.

So a quick question. Is it possible to make the Raptor go faster? With something like the BLDC tool?

With the gearing.

Advice on this should not be given. The Raptor is fast enough as it is. Any faster and you are getting into real safety issues, but we cant stop you from modifying your board. If you do mot it though id be interested to see what speed you can get. i have reached the suggested 45km/hr

Thats so disappointing for you. Go through enertion support email. Put urgent on it and say battery problem. No doubt theyll just get you to send these pics and send you a new one as a replacement. Theyll likely ask you to send it back, but doubt it. The picture should be enough for a replacement.

Dont be to dishartened by this. Just one of those things. When your finally up a running youll forget about all the issues. Just be patient.

to be honest as long as nobody asks for anything forbidden i do thing we are free to answer only because someone thinks riding faster is unsafe does not really give any reason not to help. its like people who are saying driving 180 kmh on an autobahn is unsafe no it is not for a reasonable driver it is no problem to drive 250. what speed is safe depends on the environment, the skill, the ride and the protection gear.

i do not want to be rude but i do not like it when there are the made up rules by a community which nobody did vote on or anything but someone said it first and than they are there.

@chaka for example is riding all the time faster and he seems to be alive.

@nate you can make your board faster through gearing or bigger wheels with bigger wheels your center of gravity is higher and the board is more unstable but beware whichever route you choose you will have less torque.

You said you reached the speed which is awesome have you tested the range yet

@Cubs174449 30km possible, but mostly around 25km. You are unlikely to get the full range if continuously going at top speed. I havent tested that. Only use it with vaired speeds.

Awesome thanks canā€™t wait to test it when I get mine

Mhm, i think it is like normal motor. You will need more power to accelerate than holding the same speed. So it would be better to go fullspeed instead of braking and accelerating again and again. Please proof me wrong if i am not correct!

1 Like

I have the same opinion and the need for more top speed as well. My Raptor has run more then 800 km now and as a former downhiller I want some more speed now. Iā€™m looking for some bigger motor pulleys. I have done some math: 16t = 48.9 kp/h 17t = 51.9 kp/h 18t = 55 kp/h Does somebody know where to get motor pulleys with 8mm hole, keyway and screw? Everything I found is with smaller hole or without keyway. The torque of the Raptor is so massive that you shouldnā€™t get a problem imo. I donā€™t want to hijack this thread sorry.

2 Likes

@DeathCookies Ok. In my experience where I skate it is at varied speed, but where you lose on efficiency of power as your braking you gain a little back on the regenative side. I can brake and accelerate and that space cell is amazing. Theres timed when its hit 0%, but I can still make it home. I do believe technically you may be right as I recall onloop mentioning something liike that to me. I dont have an open track to go consistsntly fast for 30km unless your on a track ring. Maybe others have tested it with your scenerio. I probably should have worded my post a little better. My thoughts were though that if your going full pelt it will eat up power quicker and thus likely to deminish range. All I can say is the Raptor dual is awesome.

Ok you and @HH1 are right as well. Its up to the individual owners what they want out if it. Its what speeds your comfortable with. Just read @RunPlayBack thread on helmet and safety gear, so was thinking to myself I thought even with safety gear on the Raptor was fast enough. But should of said for me.

2 Likes

I have a trail that goes for 47 miles itā€™s a straight shot so I will be able to test it when I get mine

Please do. I dont think I could hold top speed for that long is my thing as well to test.

I will for sure. 10 to 15 miles I will be happy better then the 5 miles I was getting with my boosted board