Energy Draw Issue

There are many customers who purchased them so we just need to wait and see if theory meets practice.

1 Like

100miles without any issues. but will see how they hold up over the winter and i also ride over gravel

1 Like

Not sure if it is polite to ask, but am curious how many customers there are on this forum.

I dont know. I know maybe 10 to 15 that I can account for. The rest is hard to track to nicknames. I can see sometimes when people order for eboards. About 10% goes to eboard builders. The rest is ebikes, camper batteries, underwater scooter batteries, UPS, etc

4 Likes

What value do you use to say you lost 16%? Pack total voltage?

NESE resistance isn’t the problem or you’d be able to smell it easily.

“Lost” was referring to the expected range compared to the range I am getting.

Maybe BMS isn’t reading voltage properly for some cells and undercharges those (thinking they are already at their maximum)? Did you compare the values of each parallel groups with a voltmeter?

1 Like

Sorry I still don’t understand how you get the state of charge of your battery. Where does that 16% come from?

16% of the total wh of the battery pack were used while riding.

I have cross checked the bolt meter on my board, metr reading and BMS reading.

@Trdolan03. I have no experience on eboards but my diy scooter has 12S1P A123 20AH pack. I am running maxxis hookworms on high pressure. I get same mileage as you do, around 45km (28miles). I guess it is just the efficiency of the vehicle unless these boards get higher mileage than bikes. Is there any setup that is similar to yours to compare?

I would also try and charge each module separately if you have some sort of rc charger.

I do but they don’t go down to 1s and I don’t have balance cables for a 2s pack

What charger is that?

As you say by yourself the gear drives freewheel better then the beltdrive of your friend so i dont see the problem on my drives isnt it?

I only get 35wh per mile and there is nothing wrong with my setup. Dual 4.10 vesc, 2x6374 sk3, 12s lipo, 150mm wheels 40psi, 15/80, 15mm belts with idlers, 70kg rider.

Id say the biggest waste of energy on mine is the belts and pulleys.

1 Like

Well the biggest loss, I would say, is from the tires, not pulley and belt. Imagine how hard is it to push a bike which is barely pressurized. Same for the motors too. Higher pressure = less loss.

Basically when the wheel rolls, the tire constantly deforms and then snaps back to it’s circular shape. This requires energy. More the deformation, the better the quality of ride but worse is the efficiency. Urethane wheels are very efficient just because they are pretty stiff and don’t deform as much.

You can read more about it here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_resistance

1 Like

Yep, but it would depend on the terrain. I dont think a urethane wheel would fair well efficiency wise on the fields and tracks i belt across lol.

I have around 38,4wh/m (24wh/km) when running 30psi on my board. If I go up to 70psi My wh/km goes down to around 19wh/km.

Try higher tire pressures and lower your max A settings to say 40A on each motor. Even though I ride with 70A per motor on my board and rarely give full throttle. If I lower it to 40A and give it full throttle every time I want to reach cruise speed. The wh/km is usally 2-4 wh/km lower than with more power available.

3 Likes

my gift to you. feel free to use this. it will save you some typing.

2iug9k

7 Likes