Enclosure for the mini remote

I’m so lost. How are you not just removing the screw holding the stupid wheel on. Then it’s gone.

2 Likes

The print is not perfect. Still need to do some small changes. The size is just a bit smaller but it’s much more confortable to hold. I also change a position of triger so it has a bit more travel now. Lion holder works great! Cell need to be pushed and it clicks. Can’t imagine it will move.

6 Likes

Looks great! What charge controller did you design to fit in there?

This one is with overdischarge protection.

Nice look. I’m working on a version right now. 6 hours till the first piece of the print is done. Same internals, new case, and I make use of an arduino + BT module along with a oled display so you can view board battery, controller battery, speed, and total distance. Hope to have a prototype in the next week or so working while I wait for motor parts. Will be a fun project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

wwwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaaaatttttt? Bluetooth and oled on a mini? when can I buy?

1 Like

Hopefully within the next month. We’ll see though how this bluetooth programming goes lol.

4 Likes

ill be on the lookout. any way to sign up for stock notifs on your website?

I took off the wheel and dremeled off the nub. Then slapped on a NFC tag on it to cover the hole. That NFC tag is programmed to open up my gps tracker. Became useless when I went back to an iPhone though.

I’ll look into this. I’m usually pretty vocal on here on the latest of what I’m working on, so you’ll see it I’m sure before I’m finished.

1 Like

Are you sure It’s correct? You have one thicknes? You turned the electronics so you won’t have access to trim knobs…

As long as I set the trim before assembly and shipment, then the knobs are more of a novelty. I haven’t touched them in years with no problems.

Some of my cuts need to be made bigger. Didn’t factor in shrinkage to this degree. But I’ll keep going. The trigger fits well, as the screw holes are good. It’ll take a few prints to get it right but it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

1 Like

What material you use for prints? In my version knobs are also hiden but the placment of them is very close to wall so if there is a need I can add holes or you can drill them.

I’m finding good luck with printing so far. I did my v2 print today, battery fits perfectly, bms fits perfectly. Still have some work to do on the hole for the screen. I’ve messed with hips and abs, and abs so far is what I’m printing with. I don’t think they are needed, as long as they are calibrated in the beginning.

Sorry to wake up an old thread but do you have any progress? (I would buy SOOOOO quickly!)

1 Like

I would have kept my mini remote if there was a solution or a thumb wheel conversion.

1 Like

there is the thumb wheel if you connect it to the other signal.

1 Like

Heh… I kind of forgot about it. Might finish it now but mine is a simple version :wink:

1 Like

Any news on this? Your print look awesome! Could you share stl files ? I am full of my “big” mini remote and I recently got a 3d printer and would love to make it smaller :smiley: Thank you! @LukePL

2 Likes

If you do find something I’d love to purchase an enclosure from you!