Enclosure for the mini remote

Guys it’s very hard to convert mini to be smaller and both trigger and thumb wheel. Is it a big deal to have it both in one enclosure? If they were two separate versions?

Would this be ok to use 18650 cell? https://www.banggood.com/Small-Mini-360-Adjustable-DC-Power-Supply-Module-Mini-Step-Down-Module-p-917568.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts

@JLabs did you fully charge this one lipo? Does mini can take 4,2v?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it can. I know it can take less than 3v but 4.2 I am unsure

I just found this one on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-Power-Cell-Charger-Booster-Battery-Charger-Module/181970418156?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

it converts a lipo cell voltage to 3.3v or 5v.

seems to do the job.

Nice find. Exatly what is.needed.for.converting lipo voltage to.more.safer .3.3v :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to dig this up once more :slight_smile: I found this https://www.banggood.com/3Pcs-Mini-2-in-1-DC-Step-Down-Step-Up-Converter-1_8V-5V-to-3_3V-Power-For-Arduino-p-1205021.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN Looks like it’s just perfect (Is it???) Also…

It’s not smaller…it’s thiner in the upper part. Will fit 18650 and some electronics. I’ll make some small improvements but it’s almost done. In my opinion can’t do more with the mini (without serious internal redesign) because the way it’s build inside. What do you think?

5 Likes

Looks great, glad to see someone doing this. The only thing I better would be if you could reverse the position of the trigger and make it a thumb trigger with a new nub.

My first atempt was to make it universal that you could choose thumb or trigger,. I have spend so much time on this and just could not make it happen. I had a version with electronics on the bottom. It looked ok but was’t confortable to hold. After that I decided that it has to be separate so if there will be a interest in thumb version i’ll give it a try.

2 Likes

I can see the difficulty, the remote would have to be at least 20mm longer to make the electronics and the cell fit. Ill think about it and see if I can come up with anything. Ill PM you if I do. Good job on this though, there’s a lot of Mini-Remotes out there. I actually stopped using them because I like the thumb throttles a lot more, but that wheel was a pain and even after removing it there was still some comfort issues. Looks like you solved those.

I’m with @mmaner on this one too. I loved my gt2b with chosen mod until I got a nano-x. I ended up selling my mini remote for that reason. I’d love to have a thumb throttle mod for the mini available again.

Any chance you can share the 3d files? :stuck_out_tongue:

Been wanting to work on a new case for a while, got an inventory of these I’ve been waiting to find time to modify :slight_smile:

I just remove the wheel, and drill out the plastic. Then 3D print a “plug” to cover the hole where the wheel once was.

1 Like

I was going to do this, but I want to use li-ion cells and a few other mods. Have some crazy ideas :slight_smile:

I just need this remote enclosure in a 3d file, then I know I can work with it from there. I dn’t know how to get all the other holes and what not lines up correctly in fusion 360.

I’m printing this now… about 7h :astonished:

5 Likes

Oooh that looks pretty

1 Like

Looks nice

1 Like

I’m curious, why do folks remove the wheel? Serious question here

The remote is kinda huge with the wheel on.

I think a trigger guard would be more in order LoL. First time I ever used a mini remote I was trying to open the overhead door upon my return, and bumped the trigger. Ate street.

Not a bad idea

Makes it somewhat “pocket-able”