EMF Jacob Hubs VS Maytech Hubs

We have all kinds of discussions about Jacobs VS Hummies, but does someone have a comparasion about Jacobs VS Maytechs?

Jacobs:

Maytechs:

2 Likes

Are Jacobs hubs even available anymore ?

Even a review of the Maytechs without comparison would be great!

1 Like

I believe @ralphy is selling Jacob’s hub motors and has fixed the slipping urethane issue.

1 Like

I’ll have a comparison in a couple weeks, we’re experimenting with maytechs new motors since they sent them for free.

4 Likes

Although I have 3 sets of Jacobs motors I don’t sell them . I use them to develop the more robust urethane design the community has requested . I will sell exclusively the wheel and hardware you need to turn Jacobs hubs into an extreme motor at 100mm diameter capable of taking on many adverse road and off road conditions for extended periods of continuous operation. I can bet money the Maytechs will not outperform Jacobs hubs with the 100mm urethane I’m developing in any way.

3 Likes

Do you know where hub motors can be bought that will fit your awsome 100 mm wheels?

1 Like

Oh is it what you did for Enertion?

I didn’t do anything for enertion. And I am selling motors with the 100mm and 107mm wheels I developed if anyone is interested.

Do you have the comparison?

also, which has a stronger magnets

Indestructible

1 Like

Can’t save fast enough for a pair :heart_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Cool dude!

That looks great! Where xan we buy the urethane?

1 Like

I sell it 90 bucks a pair shipped in the US

Hmmm, thats is a bit much for me… I also live in Denmark…

That’s cool no problem. The new urethane is not for everyone. Try something local.

Just wanted to show a ride without full battery. Hubs do get warm up hills and high speed kills the battery. overall Ive been having a blast

2 Likes

The Maytech are rated at 600w, the Jacobs at 1500w continuous. That explains why the Jacobs run cooler and more efficient at higher speeds.