EMF / Jacob hub motor polyurethane development

I’m new to all this, so sorry for the noob question, but how do these wheels differ from standard ones? What issue do they solve?

1 Like

The community experienced some urethane deformation or slipping with the original design . depending on riding conditions and user preferences some requested bigger wheels that offered a smoother ride and no wheel slip.

I came up with the design up there with the help of many individuals including engineers from Gallangher who offered their insight on the design.

2 Likes

Shipping all over the world will be $24 bucks extra.

If you need a gift declaration just ask

So basically outside the USA it’s 89 +24= 113

https://www.usps.com/international/priority-mail-international.htm

Hey man where do I get the motors if I knew I would try these

1 Like

There are members on here that would sell you the motors. I don’t deal with motor sales there are plenty of these motors available.

Also if any of you who sell motors want to buy these wheels in bulk reach out.

I can do 5 sets totaling 10 wheels for $350.

I’m a bit confused , the threaded studs protruding from your board… does the wheel plate go there? I’m interested in the wheels but can figure out the finale product :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Lol,

The plate goes on the inside the outside face will have the rods protruding out only 1/8" and that’s just for casting purposes so they stay in place.

You can Dremel it off so its flush or put spikes on it for a death race look.

How do I order a set for the rear?

1 Like

Pm me your email I’ll send you the invoice . Let me know if your in the US or international .

Thanks

Guys between today and tomorrow im fullfilling the final order of the 3 people that requested the item and actually paid…

Because of the time involved to produce this i don’t see myself doing this beyond this week. Im actually loosing money in the process.

Moving forward I might be making the wheels just out of urethane for those interested in the higher diameter. And the buyer can solve the hardware fabrication and bracing strategy.

In had really hoped more of you would support the efforts but it is what it is.

Many thanks to the 3 of you that actually paid for a set.

2 Likes

I am sorry but my Jacob Hubs are still going strong and I have had no need for an upgrade. Adding some layers of adhesive tape around the motor can and over the 3D printed nubs caused me to never experience any slipping urethane (even on summer roads at 30°) - I actually feel bad because I got the impression that the slipping urethane caused Jacob to lose out on this project bigtime. It was a 2min fix for me.

Can you share the stl again?

Nothing to be sorry about I’m pretty sure most people who did that and it worked are very satisfied with the motor and the performance with the factory urethane.

Good luck

It’s on thigiverse dude just search it

Sorry to hear you were not able to get more support, I would purchase a set but still struggling with getting a set of Jacobs hubs to install your larger formats onto! If I succeed there, can circle back to you if you still have extra set available.

1 Like

You had me at big and black. Lol. Put me down for a set. I’ll send you a PM. I want to support your efforts to the community. Sucks that there wasn’t more interest, but I’m guessing it’s because Jacob didn’t send out very many hubs before people starting having issues.

1 Like

well to be fair my design is on grabcad :smiley: @DeathCookies

https://grabcad.com/library/jacob-hub-motor-nub-1

1 Like

Cool Caustin yes i understand your situation and i hope it works out.

That’s cool the slot idea could enable someone to use a thin stainless rod embedded in the holes and then glued to the nub… looks good.

Cool man thanks, maybe it will take some time to people to try them out and review the performance before there is greater demand.

Only a few will have the big and black wheels. There s nothing like having a random stranger stop you on your e board and tell you " how did you get them so big?"

1 Like