EMF / Jacob hub motor polyurethane development

Duro is 80a . I’m making some changes to the form work to make it more efficient as well as testing the wheel for durability . I think in the coming 2 weeks I’ll have it tested enough to sell. I don’t plan on making the 90mm since this design is so much better. Price is 89.99 in the USA and an additional $34 for international. Yes it will include two front black wheels as well as the rear hub wheels. Front are 97mm rear are 100mm.

Thanks for the positive vibes!

3 Likes

@ralphy, awesome, I’m in! Let us know when you have finished testing and the wheels are for sale and I’ll send you the cash.

Great I appreciate everyone’s collaboration . Thanks !

I think next one you should consider is pneumatics. Maybe like 5 inch pneumatic? :wink:

1 Like

Yes that can be done but no one will pay the price of custom bolt ons required for the bead to set properly. Getting the sharader valve out will also cause major issues. Thanks

actually the 6inch pneumatics could fit directly on the hub. inner diameter is ~75mm and the hubs have an outside diameter of ~72. All we’d need is new endcaps that are extended in diameter to keep the tire from sliding of.

the valve could be fitted through a hole in the endcap.

I wouldn’t be comfortable copying the endcap and increasing the diameter. Maybe Jacob can take on that endeavor since those caps are part of the integrity of the motor .

well they obviously would need to be cut from aluminium - all I am saying is that theoretically it should be possible. if anyone has a watercutter I’d be happy to help design the caps.

You could design them and send them to 3d print at shapeways in stainless steel. They can also be milled in a cnc.

At 5" the motor will struggle to pull a heavy rider even on a flat surface.

In the coming week I’m hoping to have @oriol360 set me up with the Bluetooth BlDC app on my dual vesc and hopefully can get you guys consumption numbers at 90mm and 100mm vs the 83mm

1 Like

You my friend have just made me want these hubs all this work y’all put together this place is awesome and you guys rock

2 Likes

Cool dude enjoy!

Do you still have the modified 90 wheel fix available

No at this time I’m moving forward on the 100mm. The difference is night and day between the two.

Cool I’ll be watching your thread closely

1 Like

Nice! Can’t wait too see the 100mm in person! I might be upgrading my Bhangra to 90mm hubs soon so I’ll show you!

Hey man just following up on this are you still making the 97 or 100 ?? I have a koowheel D3M you think your wheels will fit on my hub motors ? I live in cali there’s a lot of street with some big cracks therefore I need bigger wheels please let me know

Thank you

1 Like

Yeah it’s being tested so far so good. I can make that for you if you’d like no worries

I am interested in a set of 100mm as well

1 Like

Cool man thanks, just a quick update on the developments . I changed the design from the polycarbonate core with 80a urethane to a full 80a urethane wheel with 8 transverse 3mm stainless steel rods that reinforce the wheel laterally. The ride improved even more ! it’s really smooth even on rough asphalt and over sidewalks. Today @oriol360 and I rode a bit after he helped me setup the Bluetooth adapter on my VESC and he really like the torque and smoothness of the ride. I added the Bluetooth adapter so you guys can see the current draw and speed along with the video on the big 100mm wheels. I should have pics of the new prototype and videos later in the week. It’s a great design that very robust and hopefully everyone in the community van benefit from the product or the research development progress. Many thanks !

1 Like

let me know when you are ready to sell them.