EMF / Jacob hub motor polyurethane development

Ok no buyers for the 90mm …anyone want to be the first tester for the 97mm?

$89 for the pair shipped

Another shot of the fit and the urethane after 100 miles of riding. So far so good. Yesterday I received confirmation that Gallagher wouldn’t take on this project for production. So for now it’s just these unless someone else finds a manufacturer.

I’m really happy with the ride and the results so far and I think the 97mm will be great too. Hopefully in the future we can get them in 70a duro for a silky smooth ride.

Thanks for the support you know who you are ; )

7 Likes

Some shots comparing the original design with this new design. Much improved contact patch.

7 Likes

Understandable Gallagher will not take up the project. Gotta keep searching for a company that will take up the offer.

There are few companies willing to bond urethane to plastic and have it withstand 150F temps and road conditions. Let me know if you find any, the design is complete and it works, I showed them the first prototypes are fully functional .

Here’s one. Try http://www.elascourethane.com/. They are base in Garden Groove, California.

If need access to any supplier. I have used http://www.thomasnet.com/ to find companies selling castable polyurethane elastomer for a DIY longboard wheels in the past. I stopped because of the need for using the hot pour method means working with a company who have the equipment.

1 Like

Those wheels look really good. I wanted to jump on those 90’s, but my money’s all tied up in other projects and my Jacob hubs are still going strong with your nub and sleeve fixes, getting some special abuse on my drift trike. :smiling_imp:

Great glad to hear the first fix is still running good for you! Enjoy it

When your ready for the next design let me know.

Great alternative use of the wheels

5 Likes

Lol, blue bell- are u in Texas

1 Like

I should move to Texas ! I’m in Miami, love that Blue Bell.

OK the form is ready for the 100mm wheels I’d like to buy a gallon of the urethane. How many of you are willing to actually buy these 100mm from me?

I need to be able to offset materials cost which isn’t cheap. The price per set will be $89

The central core is redesigned to be more robust and take on the additional stress of 100mm, which by the way is huge! There is no hub motor with 100mm wheels. I am pretty sure you can get off-road with these diameters in unpaved roads. I also need to buy 100mm clones for the front tires.

I’m interested. $89 for 2 wheels?

1 Like

Yes 2 wheels free priority shipping within the USA…

Some new shots of the 90mm

4 Likes

100mm wheel

Its super tough! I stood on top of it without the hub motor inside and it takes it like a champ.

My dam little winning remote died so the board is out of commission until a new one arrives

2 Likes

Do you include a normal 2-wheel set? I just have 83mm here and would like to try your 100mm

1 Like

Yeah that’s not a problem. 2 rear hub wheels and two front matching regulars with bearings and spacers.

Thanks to @oriol360 for getting me a badass remote I was able to try to new diameter. It rides 60% smoother than the 90mm especially over rough asphalt. It also takes on grass like a champ. The motor has plenty of power and pulls me up to a 26 mph top speed on a 12s2p LG hg2 pack with no issues. The torque is reduced a bit but I like it because you won’t fall on an accidental full throttle acceleration.

8 Likes

Wow. Looks good. When is this available? And it comes with front wheels you right? What duro is this again?

1 Like

Hi mate - any idea of the shipping cost to Perth, Australia for two wheels? I’m super keen if they can be shipped affordably. :grinning:

How much would 2 90mm cost , including shipping to UK. I may get 4 , 2 sets, just as a back up in the future. so what would be the cost on 2 , and also 4.