EMF / Jacob hub motor polyurethane development

look awesome! how well do they roll though? what are they made of

I must recommend that this wheels are licensed material and property of me - Sascha Mattiza. It is restricted by law. Nobody is permitted to copy, produce or selling my innovation without license fee. I must recommend this because my Airless Allterrain Wheels for electric skateboards have been copied by a Chinese company after I have post this here! I have developed this wheels to earn money for my projects and not just for fun!

1 Like

They are from a special Poly urethane mix with some additives. Inside is aramide / kevlar Fibre to stop twisting. Patent pending. I can send you some for your tests. They are without PLA, ABS or something else from a 3d printer and therfore very heat resistent.

1 Like

I have now bought a thermal imaging camera and will do some test videos in the evening or tomorrow :slight_smile:

but will they roll far? how bout a rolling test? thanks for the offer of sending them but I don’t have those motors. i’d like to see the mold. do you pour them or inject them?

Oh please stop it with this shit those companies don’t care about your patents or copyrights and this forum is to share knowledge.

If you build this stuff and it works awesome we will support you with our $$$ and spread the word about your great products.

3 Likes

Are you talking about these? http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/6-150-50mm-70a-airless-inflation-free-solid-tire-anti-puncture-all-terrain-off-road-electric-longboard-skateboard-wheels/32666/82

Im no copyright law expert, but as the chinese wheels are different dimensions with a different tread patter and slot pattern and not for hub motors Im guessing you wouldn’t have much of a case. Anyways, solid wheels with slots have been a thing since the 20’s, just ask Goodyear.

1 Like

Can you explain on what you have patent for? How any company can copy a material based on pictures. So it’s a meterial or shape or something else that is patent pending. If you think that those holes in urethane wheel are something new I think you are wrong. Or maybe I’m wrong… :wink:

2 Likes

I better get my steel in urethane patent in to the patent office. I borrowed it from the construction industries strategy of steel in concrete.

These things are fun :grinning:

Very cool nice work!

Exactly, perfectly said.

Maybe the patent only covers the wheel formulation.

I will only consider these wheels if they can be made as a regular skateboard wheel and not exclusively for an electric skateboard. The only thing I see with the usage of aramid fibers is strengthening of the wheels and decreasing rate of wear, but it can also be accomplished using fiberglass.

If anyone needs my version of the wheels let me know if ordered some materials and have the things getting ready for a new round of production.

Thanks

1 Like

Anyone knows the diameter of the green part? It’s he inner diameter of the ring

I have bought a new thermal imaging camera for you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/kkH6UAPNeEQ

2 Likes

@ralphy what kind of plastic core did you try that was cracking that make you want to go to aluminum?

It’s 60.6 mm (original Jacob hubs). The cap has 60.55 mm._

1 Like

Polycarbonate solid fill. It took hundreds of miles but it cracked.

oo. like we were talking about long ago. printed.