Elofty Direct Drive

It provides the link above. It looks like elofty but the hangar is not rkp. Looks like the rkp/ double kingpin hangar from their youtube video.

let us know how you get on after installation and also after a couple of months of enthusiastic abuse. This is exactly what I’d like to do for my next build.

2 Likes

He posted the link of the hub motors

Oh, the bid ended so it showed me a random thing… on mobile.

That’s nothing like the item on ebay. Weird!

@kenna22, why is truck hangar not same as the one in the advertised picture?

This is wild, and makes me even more uncertain about what we will both be receiving. Same thing as esk8jpn? Something vaguely resembling what was actually in the photos? A giant box of pig testicles?

4 Likes

You are the first man shot into space. We will be hanging on your every update. So glad you bought these and shared here.

1 Like

I will try this when I get back home today.

but It may be a while before I build and ride the Elofty Direct Drive. Because it’s still a snowy season, I ride on a snowboard. haha

2 Likes

removed screw: 4pcs

can’t remove screw: 1pcs

stripped screw: 1pcs

TL;DR Let’s buy the Torque board DD. lol

10 Likes

I want to know the genius that decided to use normal screws instead of allen screws :rofl: Do yourself a favour and swap them to better ones.

5 Likes

To whomever used those screws

7 Likes

What you need to do is heat up the screws/ holes. There is likely Loctite and that’s why it stripped

4 Likes

Any more details? Why the riddles?

1 Like

Because I honor what I sign, and I am under NDA with a top 2 Chinesk8 manufacturer that approached me for investment.

8 Likes

Do you think it’s going to get more expensive then? Should we buy a pair now? Or are you in conflict of interest in answering that question?

2 Likes

Who would you consider to be the top two Chinese esk8 companies?

1 Like

Pssst “double kingpin” I wounder who :thinking: :rofl:

Also I’m exited to see the essay your gonna write.

1 Like

That I can answer my friend.

Drivetrains (hubs or outrunners) on boards that go for $899 have a fairly standard price point across the industry.

These drives, and completes, I would expect, to cost $99 more, so $399.

Make no mistake; they’re going to get Axial right, and, we’re going to see a lot of Exway-type decks with all three drivetrain choices (there’s a drop-through one that looks like an Exway has a baby with a Carbon).

and to be clear and never start rumors, I am not bound by NDA to Exway nor do I know anyone at Exway.

After talking it over with a friend, I think that’s a factory second (axle length) yet this is purely conjecture on our part.

The sample above does look like it was assembled by a third-party, again just conjecture (my own) but if the parts don’t meet tolerance Chinese factories don’t throw things away. Everything is for sale in China, with the right level of connections.

If I had one, I would most definitely rebuild it, I like that axle. Good luck friends, stoked to see this so early.

5 Likes

FYI: I can’t find any listing for ‘TopCloud Boards’ on Alibaba yet. Tell those boys to get crackin! Put those@topcloud $$$ to work.

1 Like