Elofty Direct Drive

Oh my bad, I put the wrong numbers in.

1 Like

Man this is a bummer. I want the 75kv for the group buy :slightly_frowning_face:

Now we just need somebody to negotiate with Surf Rodz to have another $100 sale on 200mm rkp kits…

58(rpm/volts)*42(volts)*3.14*90mm/60sec = 11473mm/sec = 41km/hr = 25.6mph

Of course battery resistance and motor winding resistance will bring this speed down.

Just keep in mind that this will almost never be reached, if you consider sag and that we stay for little time at full voltage, the average speed of the board will be much lower

2 Likes

So this is forgiven ? http://www.elofty-skateboard.com/image/cache/catalog/motor%20/Screen%20Shot%202018-11-27%20at%203.58.54%20PM-490x496.png
Do we know why ? http://www.elofty-skateboard.com/image/cache/catalog/motor%20/Screen%20Shot%202018-11-27%20at%203.58.07%20PM-490x496.png :thinking:

2 Likes

Last i heard, those RKP truck pics are old and lofty has moved away from them.

1 Like

ok thanks :wink:

My assumption is that by defaulting to DKP trucks, they have moved the motor away from the deck. There is no chance of the motors touching the deck while turning. But then again TB DD works fine, so :man_shrugging:

BTW, the can diameter is 67mm.

1 Like

But the abec adapters! GIVE THEM TO US! :drooling_face:

4 Likes

ABEC adapter is easy. 3D printed PETG it will be plenty strong, but will have issues if the motor gets too hot though :smiley:

I guess selling to the DIY market was not what they had in mind. They are making these drives to fit the specific decks that other manufactures will be using.

4 Likes

Hoping someone can do a full speed test on 10s and/or 12s and with the 90mm wheels. If they are only 56kv I don’t see how they can be viable unless using AT wheels

I think it was @esk8jpn who said he was able to get about 40km/h or so out of them.

1 Like

Kenna said to me on whatsapp just a minute ago, “the motor is 58kv each - so we write 75kv for two”

(i don’t understand the math on that)

She also did say that the website may be updated with the kv numbers. But the ebay listing probably still says 75.

Regarding speed, Kenna also said:

"_58kv we take the 10s4p battery that the speed could be 45km/h (27 mph) _ if you take 12s4p that speed could meet 60km/h (37 mph) This is using Vesc 4.2"

1 Like

with 200mm wheels and wind in the back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

yes, im hoping someone can confirm these claims :wink:

1 Like

Can someone with lofty drives comment about top speed on 10s?

I really wanna know what I’m getting before I make a $400 purchase here :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I will do one when I get home next week, though my associated gear is on the low end.

1 Like

I just wanna know that I can realistically get to about 25-26ish at least