Elofty Direct Drive

Good to know. Hopefully it’s the same for shipping to Canada. I don’t want to have to wait up to six weeks for the usual “economy” shipping. I’ve had that’s stuff take up to three months to arrive sometimes.

2 Likes

P packs is brilliant idea

1 Like

Team, thank you,

We will post the pricing tomorrow on a Google form.

To set expectations; negotiated discounts are in-line with “builder’s discounts” that we’ve seen from other companies.

The difference here is that Lofty drives are already priced direct-from-factory on eBay.

The additional discount is to help introduce a brand - Lofty Shenzhen - as a potential new and trusted partner to you, our community. Prices include DHL shipping to your door. We’re trying to keep this as frictionless as possible.

Everyone gets a chance to deal directly with the manufacturer.

Nobody stands between you, and your vision, any longer.

If you buy these drives, we just ask for one thing: please, post your builds. Spark ideas and invent things, or do like FabTrav and resell Loftys with your own brand on it - you can Indiegogo the next Evolve instead of patching up the last one, right here.

We charge ahead, together. Thanks team. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

please don’t do like Fab Trav :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I once had a beautiful, melodic speaking voice like Fabian… but alas, then I turned 9 and my voice was never the same, again. :wink:

15 Likes

Thanks for @Winfly `s and your effort to make this happen.
One suggestion, how about asking for a 97mm Kegel core variant? This would create a bunch of choices for the whole community.

1 Like

I don’t think 97 would be that much different than 100. It’s just a decision. 100 is a good size. Not going to argue about ± 5mm.

6 Likes

Yes you are probably right, I just thought there is already a quite decent 100mm Kegel core option.
If the lofty thane defers from the Boas in a positive way then that might be enough to make people buy it.

2 Likes

Me waiting to spend my hard earned ££:

6 Likes

100mm Loftythane could be different in colour, price and or availability. You can’t buy a set of retail boas today because no one has them. I am guessing Lofty’s will cost less than $125 a set. That is different enough for me.

2 Likes

Here are some images of the wheels. The 83s don’t feel as soft but that maybe be because the 90s just have move thane to compress. The pulley is a 36t.

image image image

3 Likes

how do 100mm “MBS all terrain wheels” compare to the 100mm boas? I was considering them for a while

1 Like

and why not 50$ ? https://www.meepoboard.com/accessories/pair-of-100mm-wheel-kit/

3 Likes

Can someone confirm that these direct drives has a diameter of 63mm?

Means on an 90mm wheel I have 13,5mm clearance?

They don’t. I have both and the Boa’s are way, WAY more comfortable.

6 Likes

Wait, what diameters are the boosted style thane coming in?

1 Like

Current incoming grey wheels are 90mm with a nice footprint. Good from a torque standpoint, but less clearance than ideal.

2 Likes

No idea why I deleted this last night while in “should be asleep” mode. Just mentioning that both good wheel suggestions above are ABEC core, and we don’t have a readily available eLofty adapter yet.

2 Likes

All things equal. The grey wheels are noticeably softer than the orange ones. The grey thane is just softer.

1 Like

Is it tomorrow yet?

giphy2

5 Likes