Elofty Direct Drive

@mishrasubhransu: can you post a photo of your connectors for posterity?

IMG_20190329_180203

What connectors do people want BTW? Or does it not matter? I replaced above connector with MR60

5 Likes

Mine is the same as @BillGordon.

Buyer #1 checks in! Weather finally letting you enjoy them?

2 Likes

Possibly gearing, but I bet the ESC in that board is just worse than my dual focboxes in terms of power delivery. It was pretty similar in performance to the Evolve GT so I doubt the motors are being used to their full potential.

So far, I like this product.

If I’m forced to say, I felt that top speed is slow even though it is 75kv. (My test build is a 97mm wheel and 10S battery setting.)

because the actual kv value is 56kv, as reported by @Tetsu and @mishrasubhransu. However, low kv motors match well with large diameter wheels and pneumatic settings.

Well, I’m now planning to make a 12S battery. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Just to let you know that I paid $95 for a 14lg package this week

1 Like

What top speed were you getting?

@topcloud Did elofty happen to say anything about offering larger wheels? Or abec adapters?

1 Like

thanks my friend. negative on both counts.

I hope the community will develop an ABEC adapter, because I want to try @Touch415’s suggestion of 97s.

4 Likes

I hope so too. Worst case I think we can probably get some 3D printed in the meantime. Maybe this will finally push me to try out some nylon filament :smiley:

I have some 97mm wheels I would love to try on this.

2 Likes

Agreed; I think the Lazyrollers, specifically, would look dope on our Evolve Carbon QuadLofty :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @landonkun, did they say anything about when they can ship and in what quantity.

Also there is some additional information that the crownwheel might not be the same as eLofty. Apparently Crownwheel developed their own. We don’t know the accuracy of the information, so any additional information would help.

I sent him all those questions. We’ll see what they say. Hopefully we don’t run into any language barriers. I can handle Japanese, but Mandarin… nope, haha.

1 Like

Maybe about 38km/h - 40km/h Screenshot_20190330-163322__01 Screenshot_20190427-155111__01

I’m riding with single kingpin setup, It is stable.

I can get more speed. :+1:

4 Likes

down to 259usd? :flushed:

Nice. Which baseplate is that in your picture? So if I understand this thread the limitations are that we can’t get this in RKP and we can’t use ABEC11 wheels?

So it’s either DKP or TKP(source your own baseplate) and kegel core wheels only?

That about sizes it up ATM.

With $90 shipping :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

nope, 15usd shipping. where‘s the catch?!

90usd shipping to US, wtf? error?

1 Like

Isn’t the catch this part: