Elofty Direct Drive

:sunglasses:

Behind the main 12mm nut that keeps the motor in place, there is a very thin other nut that looks like a 13mm washer, maybe 2mm thick. I thought it was part of the main axle at first. Scrap away all the glue you can, then use a very thin lubricant, find very sharp pliers, and try to unscrew the ununscrewable… It helps to go back and forth rotating the nut to help getting all the glue residue out of the thread.

1 Like

7 Likes

I’m doing more bad than good. This is too thin to remove… i will ask them for a complete replacement, no way i can do it without their tool.image

1 Like

It doesn’t stick out of that bearing at all? So you need a tool that can fit in between?

Maybe 1mm or less

1 Like

This element of their design presents a major commercial concern.

I understand the need to keep that plate flush, yet if one motor fails, a reseller will have to replace the entire drivetrain with both motors.

Very expensive. That needs to be user-replaceable.

Else, people are going to ‘jailbreak’ them anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah man, don’t hurt it anymore. Wait for someone else to figure it out.

I don’t think that’s a washer. It’s one single aluminum piece.

Edit: I found the tiny nut now.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2: Elofty no bueno :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: not surprised

2 Likes

The troll is back. Welcome.

5 Likes

Lol… hell yeah :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::love_you_gesture:t3::love_you_gesture:t3::love_you_gesture:t3::love_you_gesture:t3:

2 Likes

I wish we could send one to @rey8801. He would figure it out in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I think they have to release a user doable repair. Not just factory. But if it costs then peanuts or the failure rate is low enough, they can get away with replacing entire drives.

But sooner or later, someone will make a complete instruction to elegantly disassemble them. Just gotta wait. Haha.

But they way them have assembled, it is very stable. Nothing will rattle out.

1 Like

Oh no! What a surprise :scream::scream::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I confirm it’s a steel nut “that looks like a washer” :rofl:

Edit: Yes, that was very painful !

5 Likes

ohhhh! I see it now. Wow that looked like a part of the bearing.

Good thst you manage. So the stator pipe is hold in place but the square hanger ends.

They should release an instructable on how to do it. Otherwise they don’t have to complain if users damage the motors. Unscrew thst thing is gonna be quite a pain. Apply the torque there is really difficult.

3 Likes

I’m sad that Carvon/Exoboards didn’t survive long enough for these drives to kill it.

9 Likes

SX466

I used one of these to remove the large nut. Might work here as well.

9 Likes

If they had half a mind for business Carvon would re-platform and ship the eLofty complete on Jet Killshot and enclosure by @psychotiller

1 Like