EFX3 - Trampa holypro 35 | ESC FVT 120A | Tunigy SK3 6374 149kV | LiPo 16Ah 8S

I still use old FVT 12S 120A with modified firmware.

I thought that they would break down, therefore a year ago I bought as the FVT Sleep Lion reserve and additionally Ezrun Max 6, but old FVT are indestructible.

I know that VESC 6 is excellent, but FVT is a good cheap alternative if you can buy a tested ESC The Favorite Electronics CO., LTD. has poor quality control and you can buy a faulty new ESC that will break down when you plug in the power supply (I’ve had 2 such cases from 20 purchased esc)

The only thing you have to get used to are brakes that are not as perfect as in VESC (have different characteristics), but they inhibit effectively :smiley:

I did not use the Alien Power System ESC so I can not rate it

2 Likes

Where can one buy this ESC? The only place that I’ve found it on is on Alibaba. Where did you buy yours at?

I also use FVT Sleep with lipo 10S and dual sensored Turnigy SK3 149KV motor and , as say Idea, is a very good controller for the price . Also the brake work fine and you need to use high timing for best results. Also some capacitors on the middle of power line is raccomanded for a nice smooth behaviour …

I bought on ebay. Later I got in touch with Favorite Electronics what., LTD. and firmware in the version Skateboard version flashing for me the producer (I sent ESC to China :slight_smile: )

When I received ESC from the producer with the new firmware it turned out that the brakes were dramatically (there was no smooth braking, the wheels blocked.) in addition, the start was delayed

That’s when my cooperation with Favorite Electronics started, as a result of a short after 2 weeks I received a firmware with properly functioning brakes and a dynamic start.

Later, the same firmware version went to ESC with the Maytech logo and in Sleep Lion :smiley:

So I have my small contribution to the development of firmware for skateboards. I did not modify the fiormware, I’m not a programmer, but I sent my comments and I did tests for Favorite Electronics

The truth is that the current firmware “Sleep Lion” is a modified firmware from the early version of ESC for the car :stuck_out_tongue:

After several attempts to modify the skateboard version, I asked the engineer to porting the firmware from this ESC

1 Like

Very interesting the "true story " of your contribute and this firmware, I have also tested with sensored motor and it works fine, is less noisy and the battery lasts longer

I removed the ESC case, but I’ve been using it for three years now and it’s on the new board.

2 Likes

I have the alienpowersystem equivalent of the sleeping lion esc (http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/esc/alien-120a-2-12s-v4-factory-esc-hv/). It has the same programing software as the sleeping lion. I’m just, wondering what settings you are using because I have some issues with the timing of the motor.

Thanks!

Hello! @Idea I’ve been trying out the FVT 120A 5-12S ESC a little now. I’ve started with “Soft” acceleration, and 40% throttle limit in the software, so it is not so fast right now. However, I have a problem with it shutting off.

I am in sensorless, so when starting from standstill, the motors are “jiggeling” before start. Sometimes it dies then. It also dies when coming to steep hills. It also dies if I brake hard, and then tries to accelerate afterwords.

The funny thing is that i have this power analyzer between the battery and the ESC, and this also blacks out when this happens. I’ve tested without the poweranalyzer also, so that is not the problem.

Since the power analzer also blacks out, I am thinking that the ESC is sending big voltage spikes back to the battery, and in the proces turns itself off. I was thinking that bigger capacitors would fix it, but i would probably ruin the ESC if i started with this.

Do you, or anyone else have any experience with this?

Sorry for the long post. Best regards.

@aMasheepl

I never had such problems

Contact the producer, preferably through Skype

Skype Contact jennyxcy2008

I use 2 esc FTV 120A with a couple of 6374 SK3 149KV. I had some problems like you at the beginning. I can suggest you to set an high timing for the motors, it is very useful. I had also the problem about hard braking. You need to set brake at 100% and then limit the transmitter trigger (brake direction) mechanically or use dual rate if have it in the transmiter. In this way I had no problems . Sorry for my english …

1 Like

Are these for sale??? I need a new set for my custom trucks… Please contact me… Asap. Ty

@Paulycnotes

What trucks do you have? What kind of wheels / hubs?

Is there anyway to set a current limit on this esc?

No. Only VESC can limit current.

Hi there i want to buy a motor mount kit can you help me ?