eBoosted Enclosures thread

Fair enough, im doing my first build, trying to keep it cheap, spending about $60 on a 4.12 VESC, does that mean i should stick with the 10s4p and for a next build where I can afford a FOC go with the 12?

Spend 40-50 more on a Focbox and use it forever, USD 50 of savings are not worth the subpar experience you will get by going 10s on blds vs 12s on FOC plus lifetime reliability

1 Like

The only reason Im considering 10s is I already have a 12s board. Save up the extra money go 12s and never go back from it.

If you have the $130 for a FOCbox and the cells go for it. I’m trying to keep my board mid range and 10s is the safer and cheaper option

Are you going single drive or dual?

It’s not a myth; the DRV8302 is only rated at 60V. On applications like this, real engineers never push the parts past 60% to 75% which means 42V, especially driving highly inductive loads (like BLDC motor windings) using square waves (like VESC)

Of course, if it’s your face that might hit the street on any malfunctions, you are free to design yours however you’d like to.

2 Likes

@b264 So the new focbox isn’t reliable at 12s ?

You are right, it’s not a myth is very frecuent problem found on some 4.12 VESCs when used at 12S and FOC, so my mistake. Nevertheless, from my own experience and several others, I’ve been pushing FocBoxes for years at 12S and never had any single DRV8302 error to the point I feel pretty confident and happy to suggest people with doubts about going between 10S in BLDC to 12S in FOC, to choose the latest.

My face already hit the streets but it was not because a malfunction caused by designing 12S and FOC on a FocBox, in fact it was a malfunction in BLDC and 10S on my old vanguard.

3 Likes

Most of us are not real engineers, we are tinkerers and crazy people we push things to the extreme

1 Like

No electrical engineer in their right mind would ship those parts running those voltages as a commercial product.

Maybe as something you build at home, and it’s only your own arse at risk.

4 Likes

Just devils advocating here… but…

DRV8302 Spec maxes at 60V Assuming TI’s Electrical Engineers are ‘Real Engineers’ which means that they would also apply the 60-75% max rule to their component when specc’ing.

Wouldn’t that mean that the DRV8302’s real max is 80-100v? Which would also mean that if you took 60-75% off the 60v… you’d really be at like 30-40 percent of the ‘real max’ rating?

2 Likes

What about the raptor 2? Is she running on 10s?..sorry for not knowing right now:blush:

Yes, 10s4p of 18650’s if I remember correctly.

1 Like

ah ok…thank you…b264 seems to be right like he always is :wink:

3 Likes

Do you make any enclosures that would work with the “Loaded Motherboard”? @eboosted

shoot the link on that

The 12s universal should work on that deck. Unfortunately I have nothing specifically designed for the motherboard. I wonder how did you choose the motherboard for your build?

1 Like

Honestly I have just been shopping around for different decks and parts since im new to the eboard scene and came across this board and liked the layout and design.

1 Like

Would any of your cases work for the Crossflex Crossbow? I feel like it’s an insanely underrated board.