eBoosted Enclosures thread

Shipping costs are not that bad considering I’m in Perú which is kinda far away from the rest of the world, DHL is US$ 45 and postal US$ 35.

May I ask whats your day job?

@AntiPusher Check his profile :wink:

he looks like oscar from the office!?:

download

edit: nvm its just the hair cut… and the overall body physique.

3 Likes

I know shipping all the way from Peru must be a pain man…

I really like the look of your enclosures @Eboosted

I’m thinking of doing a Loaded Vanguard - Flex 1 - 42 Inch build but want a full length low profile enclosure something like your Trampa enclosures, is this even possible for a flexy board like a Vanguard?

Sorry about this I don’t have anything like that planned at the moment

Did you start designing the kut thaka enclosure by any chance?

I’m fiishing the Kuthaka enclosure soon:

8 Likes

It looks double stack. Am I right? Will you do a single stack config or is it not worth it due to the sorter wheel base?

On a SS, you will only be able to fit a 12s2p, I’d say I’ll have too much sag, so I discarded that option. Another option would be to fit a 12s2p made of Samsung 30Ts

1 Like

I’m aiming for 10s3p. Will that fit in SS?

No, the deck is too small, you will need a DS enclosure

1 Like

That is possible, @moon shared a 3D printed file that could cover the whole deck:

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m in the process of mounting the ESC enclosure to my Vanguard Flex 1.

I’m just a little unsure of the placement. Does this look ideal, or would you recommend it being closer to / further from the motor?

I’m a little worried about the wiring getting too stressed whilst turning, and subsequently wearing out. 20190109_173731

2 Likes

Hello @Eboosted what length screws and washers should I use to mounts my enclosure on the vanguard?

This is the worst way to make the wires exit the motor, they will short in no time due to the insulation wearing out

The best is to exit them facing the hanger and do a large bend and them route into the enclosure, also is good practice to hold the motor wires to the mount as soon as it exit the motor, this way it can’t get damaged by rubbing into the motor itself

About the enclosure position, you can put it closer to the motor, just make sure you still have a gap when turning hard

5 Likes

@odysseus position it a little lower so the shape of the deck follows the outline of the ESC enclosure, but take into consideration the motor mounts won’t touch the enclosure on full leans.

M5 x 20 works good on the Vanguard

5 Likes

Double stack of 20700 or 18560?

you should face the motor the other way so the wires are closer to the trucks if the wires are too long.