E-Toxx DirectDrive VS Trampa Vesc6 VS Leopard 8072-170kv VS Nowind

Nice! Do you really want 120A? Benjamin could compile it with 120A limit for you.

Frank

4 Likes

Looks fun😬. Hey what are you running in place of your truck spring? A solid piece of rubber?

Thanks, yeah super nice. Come back from second battery deep in the woods… Oh i really was not nice to the system… full throttle from nearly standstill uphill… fast downhill… again uphill full throttle No temperature feelable, stays complete cool … Impressive Hope for some hot end of summer days…

Nice work Frank, Benjamin and Ted

But yeah i would like to have the 120Amps option :grin: Never enough, bis einer heult :innocent:

8 Likes

Use a heat-conducting paste between the engine touch surfaces and the gearbox. Thermal compound paste help dispersal in other materials such as the gearbox side …or use air cooling…???

2 Likes

First of all nice build.:+1: I think there is already a firmware file coming with VESC Tool without any software limits. After flashing it, it should be possible to set 120A motor current. I haven’t the time to test that, so on your own responsibility. What battery current do you set? It would be great if you could use a logging tool like the https://metr.at bluetooth module or any other logger to know what currents you really reach. Would love to see a log of your ride.

Fun it is for sure … its an elastomere spring :

32mm in Dia and 63long

Using modifyed adjusters and some custom retainers

yes that stuff is really good, normaly using arctic silver material, but only had left the 2K stuff which acts as an glue / epoxi also… want to add as between Vesc and my Lid… But from first impression all components really stays cool… will have to tread it harder :sunglasses:

Super nice, thank you. Good to know, so another insane dude wantet the 120A too :laughing: he still alive ?

Yeah super interested in some data too… use the @Ackmaniac app on another build, would be nice to hook it up here too. Read about some possible problems, different Pins … isnt it?

EDIT : Battery current is 80A i think… if i get it right its influenced more the high rpm area? There is plenty of thrust …

Gps tracked my second ride yesterday with 11km recharged 17 Ah on 6S blocks… 22V x 17Ah = 374wh About 34wh/km… easy

2 Likes

Damn buddy another beautiful looking beast there! So good to see you pushing the limits and catching a toe edge for the cause!

Keep shredding!

1 Like

@Nowind those looks good. thats funny, i was thinking about running something similar. i thought there has to be something out there to replace the dampa. the issue with dampas is they get progressively stiffer as you turn. it hinders the steering alot. how much more steering can you get from them compared to yellow dampas?

Please let me send you my module for destruction. It has 8-pin connector specifically for VESC6 and pins have correct order. Just plug it in.

I am as well as @hexakopter and everyone else is very interested in your data :smiling_imp: show us your current spikes :smiling_imp: (of course I’m also interested to advertise my little module :money_mouth:)

PM me your shipping address and I will send it. Thanks!

5 Likes

Wanna tell us more about your motivation to use them and what does it change according to steering, high-speed-wobble, stability,…??

Greets Notger

2 Likes

It looks like they were working very well right up until it wasn’t :slight_smile:

To be fair though, that off looked like it was mostly due to Nowind working the remote trigger like a…

5 Likes

I’ve been playing with both. I need to try out FOC again now that I’ve turned up the amperage. I was having issues of it cutting out but I suspect it was the receiver dropping out as I was still waiting on the JST plugs to come so I just had the cables loose on the VESC. Here’s a video of one of the first test rides I did after I played with the settings at work.

2 Likes

You will get more IMO but with a different feeling… not easy to explain Different yes, Better ? Mmmh

Thanks Dude. I already have parts from @Ackmaniac

For you its easy to check @Duffman tread on german Forum (-; This was my motivation to play around with. IMO you will never get both, highspeed stability AND low speed super carve… you have to set prioritys Here is some of his bench tests :

Thanks for the video, i have to say that your system is also running very loud IMO I really was wondering why my system is that loud, thought maybe its the new drivegear on older wheelgear… but it seems that also on your Beltdrive the motors running really loud… Isnt IT? Or do you think the sound is the same ?

2 Likes

Love it!! I’m defiantly going to follow your progress. Whats you torque measurement for power on start up and max burst mph?

Thx. I have to hook up the BT module and doing some new runs for meassuring… Actually i have to work )-;

1 Like

Understand bro I’m doing the same thing. Working that is. I’m going to apply your build to one of my boards that after testing will end up being sold in my shop. If that’s ok with you. Just wanted your ok didn’t want to steal your thunder.

Yap of course, no problem…

If it works out like I think it’s going to with a few tweaks and it takes off in sales I’ll send you a discovery check. Sound good?

I think the noise is the motor, I have 4 of them so I could swap them out and check it out. But it is much quieter on FOC. I’ll setup FOC tonight with it and do another quick vid for you. I was waiting on the cases I want to use before finishing the settings xD

If you’re using VESC6 be careful using BT module as I think someone bricked their VESC using incorrect codes, there’s more info on the forum related to VESC6

I’m with @Nowind it sounds like your backlash or play in the gears is set too tight, I do not know the engineering specs of Jenso’s gear box but their needs to be a certain amount of play between the gears for proper meshing. For example in this catalog the stipulate from .1 to .5mm backlash for module 1.5-2 spur gears. Maybe Jenso could tell us how he sets the play?