E-Toxx DirectDrive VS Trampa Vesc6 VS Leopard 8072-170kv VS Nowind

Nice that ya already ordered… unfortunaly the Keyway will not help… the pulley would fall apart with it …

Anyway nice order Dude

Ha ha some beer cant be wrong … Havanna or Whiskey will work also, but better only on the weekend (-;

Where else to talk about … this is the right place for the sick stuff …

True 1:5 52.84 mph (84.87 km/h) calculated … not that much isnt it :scream:

Prepared some new parts for the beast …

Made my Day Cheers

18 Likes

Sick one Jenso, cool box. Wonder what it would cost me to get a 2d cnc for the shed? lol

5:1 so your using the “mini” drive BigBoy, not the emtb drive (6:1, but with wider axel)? …rhetorical question Be interesting how much abuse it will take with less teeth, good test of the pom gear with those big motors, that said 4wd should help spread the load :slight_smile: Have you got any idea on weight @BigBoyToys? gota be 1-1.2kg ea?

Well Jenso, Bigboy has to beat @MoeStooge’s 72kph… or whats the point lol love it! let the motor wars begin! :punch:

3 Likes

The motors are 1490g so roughly 1.5kg!

U actually brought up a detail Im not sure about. @Nowind are u able to supply a 5:1 on the full size vertigos? If its only 6:1 I might need to bump that KV up some haha. Also, are u guys calculating speed based on a very high efficiency? Ive found mynreal world top speeds to be at 70% over multiple builds now.

Dang dude! :muscle: 6kg of Copper…

If you need anything bigger the scorpion 7050-340Kv (1.7kg) will do 200A @10KW cont… :joy:

I think you could fit the smaller box on the wider trucks but we need to wait for Jenso…

If mine was only 70% of VMax i’d try adding some gear reduction to see if I could find a better balance of power v torque and clean up my drive train, i’d probably throw all my bearings in my ultrasonic bath to clean em up.

No, the full size emtb dd is 5:1. The mini is 4:1

1 Like

Arghhhh… me dumb dumb :poop: you right dude

Hmm, my 4wd hub board has 7200 watts, when u reach topspeed is pretty abrupt, definitely not a power limited speed. It only did 1mph faster top speed in foc as it did as a 2wd on bldc. Same with my jacobs hubs, with and without the ralphy mod, my trampa and a pair of chinese 70lv hubs i have. Always 70% of predicted top speed.

1 Like

Seems like quite a few people do better than 70% of their theoretical vmax @BigBoyToys. Some are only a couple kph away… There must be a reason? A lot of the cheaper Chinese motors on the RC forums test in the mid 80’s while higher quality motors test in the mid 90’s. But that’s power output and what you seem to be talking about is running out of gear? I guess something to consider is kv ratings are not perfect and even high end motor manufacturers will quote a manufacturing variance of X%. LMT quote 4% for example. Maybe it is a weight and air resistance thing too but then we start talking about power…

Yep, runs out of gear. Definitely not power limited. Its very obvious while riding, hits a wall which is always right at 70%. Especially with the trampa, accelerates hard then goes flat right at 23mph.

@BigBoyToys What’s your gear run out calc. & vmax?

15-66 200mm tire, 10s voltage.

With 6kg of copper I think you could push a bit more, those motors are double the size of what most people think of as big (6374) :joy: The sheer weight of copper will dissipate a lot of heat.

See what Jenso thinks?

1 Like

Ohh i thought you were refering to my current trampa. Im looking for 50mph capable on the quad drive build. Im gonna push 80A x 4 at 12S on this build.

1 Like

thats sweet dude. are you going to use the vesc6?

Yeah im gonna give them a try and hope they can throughput enough juice to keep me happy for a while. Then Ill have to decide if the untapped power is worth losing the tunability and smoothness of the vesc.

Hmm, besides “Torcman” i actually do not know (m)any “not-Chinese” Motor Manufacturer. But comparing my Torcman-ebike Motor o a compareable 8085 from China (Freerchobby https://german.alibaba.com/supplier_wc4BAAK3T0PYJYq9tF15IYrFrh0-/search/product?csrf_token=135g8y20fpzw&SearchText=8085) i see alot of difference in Quality and exactness. After measuring my chinese Motor with the Power-Drill-rpm-measure methode i found out that its around 20Kv of from what i ordered. Torcmans Motor is maybe 1% off the predicted KV.

One Theory i made up is that they might just have a Stock of Motors lets say 30KV-60KV-90KV-120KV…210KV And if you order “custom-KV” you get whats close to your wish. Cause i was surprised how fast those Motors arrived from Chian with my Custom Wishes ?!

But hey that just critisim on myself for abusing Chinese-Slave-Industry…cause you get what you pay, and sometimes i would love, but cannot pay (“Deutsche-Qualität”). I really hope that Freerchobby is not a Slave-driving Factory (:pray:) cause when i ordered some Motors there 6374 and 8085 it was like communicating with an European company, so they really made custom KV Motors for me and according to my wishes (and what makes me sceptic, that they did that really cheap).
Maybe thats no secret anyway, but i think freerchobby also produces the APS Motos, cause they look exactly similar just without the APS-logo. But probably there are hundres of Motor-Clone-Factories in China ?

Check the ERPM settings if you use a VESC, thats how you could lower a High-KV Motor. But 70% is alot, so you rather have a really shitty Motor here or its far away from labeled KV. Does it Produce alot of Heat ? Than you know where the missing Energy went.

Are you serious, thats 80km/h. I mean people are always pushing to some (guiness-record-levels) but with a Trampa under your feet,…I think thats just a bone-cracking machine at 80km/h. Or are you using some kind of Longboard mod with Jensos-Directdrive ? Cause no matter how hard Dampas i use and how far i crank the springs down at 60km/h i regret going that fast and wanna go home to my mami.

Greets Notger Ger Not

1 Like

What a beast @Nowind . I’m surprised how it performs. Let me know. Frank

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Most of my builds come nowhere near my erpm settings. Heat, makes sense. Ive always just assumed overstated efficiency ratings. We should start a new topic about this and see if we can find a trend between different motors/setups and % theoretical topspeed.[quote=“notger, post:56, topic:30822”] Are you serious, thats 80km/h. I mean people are always pushing to some (guiness-record-levels) but with a Trampa under your feet,…I think thats just a bone-cracking machine at 80km/h. Or are you using some kind of Longboard mod with Jensos-Directdrive ? Cause no matter how hard Dampas i use and how far i crank the springs down at 60km/h i regret going that fast and wanna go home to my mami. [/quote]

Yeah my current trampa gets squirmy about 30mph. Should be a fun project to try some different things on to improve highspeed stability (wedges under baseplate to change truck angle, rigid enclousure to stiffen deck, custom spring inserts/dampas).

Am I the only that feels the Trampa is pretty stable at high speed? No matter how fast I go I feel the wheels and longer trucks helps so much in stabilizing the whole set up.

Regular skates on the other hands feels awkward and non forgiving. It requires more…skills and strength so to speak. Idk, it’s hard to go back to regular trucks after using the Trampa for so long.

I think 30% diference from calculated to real is a massive difference. I just use simple topspeed calc without losses compensation… let say 10-15% difference or les IMO

prepered the deck for electronic compartment mounting, using M5 Bolts, treaded in coil inserts… :

underside with little cooling fins:

complete all soldering stuff, all conections direct without plugs :

Ready to ´mount rear truck with electronics :

Using some spacers for nicer air circulation… not sure if needet… will order some rubber shockabsorber instead of the aluminium ones for sure…

Complete mounted and ready to break my neck :

First Impressions : Powerfull, nice controls, loud

Set to 100A Motorcurrent, not more allowed from Vesc Tool… maybe for Beta testing?? @trampa is it possible to go higher with that value ?

Anyway with the adjustable Throttle curve you will get alot more direct feel IMO Nice controlable punch, really like it right now…

Check Video for first impressions and first wipeout on da Beast :

Hang Loose Jenso

31 Likes