E-MTB Room (EMTB pics and specs)

Just put my MTB together, any advice?2019-05-20-064044

10 Likes

Very nice.

I’m curious as to what the encoder does? Been hearing the word being thrown around but didn’t really look to much into it

1 Like

I just asked the same question so I’ll forward the answer along:

It’s like a much more precise hall sensor.

4 Likes

Have you looked into pulleys for the trispokes? The second hand board I have has trispokes and my vision for it involves y The biggest tires I can find. I’ve got a cad model I’ll be printing soon but any advice would be appreciated

1 Like

20190420_193314 20190421_163408

Probably not the most practical or neatest box solutions but hey, i can always call it a prototype!

HS11 17 ply

Infinity front truck and vertigo in the back

Superstar rims

8" primo alphas

2x vesc 6

2x 6384 130KV APS motors

Etoxx mini gear drives

12s9p 30Q pack (around 1150 WH)

8 Likes

As @venom121212 said it’s a replacement for your hall sensors. You place a magnet on your motor shaft and in a defined distance a magnetic sensor pcb is placed. The sensor than can very precisely detect the exact position of your motor. Boosted use a similar encoder on there boards.

There is not much information about it in here, but you could have a look here

Or here

If you interested in reading about it @Linny

3 Likes

That’s basically what I tell myself and others, and helps me justify putting all my safety gear on for each ride. I remind myself that these vehicles are hand built DIY experimental beasts and I’m essentially a test pilot on every ride, so I’d better be ready for something to go wrong and be able to crash land safely. And since I’m constantly changing, tweaking, fixing something almost everytime, almost every ride is a test ride of a new configuration, and I am in fact, a test pilot.

2 Likes

I have some 65 tooth aluminum pulleys that I got from Aliexpress. They call them scooter pulleys, but they were actually first sold to me by @kaly way back in the day. I’ll take some pics and find a link for you after work.

2 Likes

Those? I’d still really appreciate any pics of how you Mounted them. Thanks a bunch!

3 Likes

XSHAPE ROXXY

IMG_4754_S

IMG_2737_S

IMG_2750_S

ROXXY BL CONTROL 9120-12 OPTO

YGE-C9 YGE Caps Typ 9

YEP 20A HV (2~12S) SBEC

Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192KV

Turnigy Graphene 6000mAh 6S 65C LiPo Pack

S-Shape X-Lander II « Bamboo Edition »

VERTIGO TRUCK - 12MM HOLLOWED

E-TOXX DIRECTDRIVE

Hammond 1555V2GY

almost two years old, heavy abuse, no fireworks!

7 Likes

MBS FSDUAL6 PRO97DW2

IMG_6410_S

Dual FSESC6.6 Based upon VESC6 with Aluminum Heatsink

Turnigy SK8 - 6374 - 192KV

Turnigy Graphene 6000mAh 6S 65C LiPo Pack

MBS Pro 97 Dylan Warren 2

MBS Matrix II Pro with E-TOXX alu baseplates

OVERION ISO-06B chain drive with E-TOXX motor & wheel sprockets 8/40

Hammond 1555V2GY

Hammond 1590XXCB

8 Likes

Those are the ones. I’ll post up some pics of them mounted tonight.

2 Likes

Pretty basic mounting. Had to drill 3 holes (I also drilled a 4 hole pattern for an older hub) and use longer bolts and an extra set of nuts to bolt the hub and pulley together. I used nuts in the hub to mount the two halves together first, then slide the pulley over the bolts and use the second set of nuts to hold the pulley on. The only important part is getting the pulley centered over the hub before drilling the holes. I can’t remember exactly how I did this, but it involved using bearings, 12mm bolt/nut, and the center pulley hole to align everything, then drilling through the hub mounting holes into the pulley. 20190520_233204 20190520_233149 20190520_233259 20190520_182257 20190520_233335

7 Likes

Thanks! Looks really straight forward. Ill update with my progress.

@barajabali what’s your setup?

I have to say, one of my motor has a defective sensor. So I just have no sensor in dual6374 setup and for me there is a small difference. When you start from a standstill, you just have to accelerate with a little feeling and it works flawlessly. A bit like a clutch. I’m also a bit worried about sensors that cause VESC problems caused by dirt, water, and what not gets into the motors after time. But that may not be 100% true, but over time I got that feeling.

If you are able to be your “own” sensor, you can do without it, but with sensors it’s also fun :smiley:

@Andy87 also is working on something similar but that will still need time I assume :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@okp I think some of us want to see what your riding atm

sure ! I’m riding

• Rideflame deck
  • Rideflame DirtPipe trucks
  • my custom mounts / pulleys
  • 6374 150kv 13/66T sensored
  • 12S
  • Custom ESC box and battery holder.
  • 200MM T3 tyre from MBS + Rockstar 2
  • 40 PSI
  • F5 MBS bindings

I’ll be releasing soon my custom ESC box + battery holder for those who like simplicity and the style of my board.

5 Likes

Obligatory beach/wall shot…

beachmbs

MBS birds deck with f4 bindings old version Matrix spring trucks (for now)

@Idea 20mm belt drive.

2 x HK 168kv

2 x Escape esc running bldc without canbus.

2 x 6s Graphene 8ah.

8 Likes

You need bigger wheels! 9" pneumatics will do. :laughing:

5 Likes