E-MTB Room (EMTB pics and specs)

100% IMO at least with vesc based esc’s but tbh I didn’t try sensorless FOC. It was so frustrating with my cogging motors when I finished the MTB build, sensors doesn’t really work in BLDC mode and you get stuck everywhere. Here you can see the dramatic difference between hybrid or sensored BLDC and sensored FOC mode with sensored motors.

7 Likes

Thanks! Just saw somewhere that you didn’t need sensors on an Emtb but thanks for clearing that up!

20190507_031650 20190507_022345 20190507_022250 20190507_022317

Comp 95 pro retalliation (discontinued)

focbox unity

maytech 6374 10mm shaft 170kv

battery will be top mount and provided by the customer (lipo)

gears are 16t motor and 58 wheel

10 Likes

That looks very nice… what’s the specs?

More info on the vesc box mounted on the back?

1 Like

5Ah lipos are nowhere near stressed on a MTB. My RC heli gets 5-6min flight time out of a set of such lipos. Average current draw is 35-40A with maximum 120A and I am not a hardcore pilot or run a really powerful build.

Believe me when I tell you that they are not breaking a sweat.

2 Likes

So what you would say out of the rc world which temp they shouldn’t exceed for esk8ing?

1 Like

If you can take them out you of the heli, you are good. :rofl:

We are not measuring battery temps really. As long as they are not puffed we call it good. Don’t forget that they are also cooled by the rotor draft and that we treat them more as a consumable than you would treat an esk8 battery.

1 Like

Here is a current draw graph. Batteries were barely warm to the hand after that flight.

I would expect a good amount of voltage sag and puffing if it’s really serious. Both I don’t see, as min not significant.

1 Like

Good lipos barely have any voltage sag. Check my graph above.

1 Like

I think I have seen this or similar already once somewhere :thinking::sweat_smile: that was a graphen lipo? Sag looks not that bad assuming that there peaks of 120+A

1 Like

I believe we had this discussion again

Graphene lipos did not even exist at that time.:rofl:

1 Like

image image

• trampa holy pro 15ply
  • trampa infinity trucks
  • @idea motor mount
  • Unity
  • Maytech 6880
  • Trampa bindings
  • Trampa 8” superstar wheels
  • belt drive 15t/72t
  • 12s7p 30q liion with 100AMPS smartbms
  • battery case: peli1150
  • approximately range 45-50km
  • routed power wires in the deck
10 Likes

Nice. Who made your battery? Was it any good? :joy:

I’m dying to ride mine again, but i’ve got some trouble with one of my VESC 6 so here are older fotos:

image (kind of forgot my head there)

2x Overion 6374 130kv Motors

2x standard VESC 6

Arduino + Nrf (soon LoRa) remote control

12S1P 12Ah Graphene 15C LiPo

3D Printed Inner Gear Direct Drive (soon to be much improved version 2)

9 Likes

Just a question to you guys but has anyone used a portable ramp or just a skate kicker to use as a little jump ramp? @rich @venom121212 @Der6FingerJo @Andy87

1 Like

@okp has a portable backpack jump thing. I think it was a few hundred bucks though.

Jumptrack is the name

2 Likes

Check out this thread of @DanSkates

7 Likes

After riding like less than 10kms on my new eMTBoard build … I’m still waiting for FlipSky new rotors … for both motor … and it’s been more than a month now … :sweat:

• custom Scrub deck vacuum sandwich carbon fiber
  • Matrix 2 (Pro for rear one) with e-toxx base plate full AL (Yellow damper front / Red damper on the rear)
  • Rockstar 2 rims + Primo Stricker tires
  • e-toxx helical mini Gear Drive (5:1) black anodized (so silent, compact and goooooorgeous kit !!)
  • FS 6380 150kV sensored (losing magnet under the 1st 10kms …)
  • VESC 6 (still the best, coming from the 1st BETA tester gen. Bulletproof)
  • 12s 8/12/16Ah 15C Lipo Graphene
  • Turnigy controler center box ^^
  • F5 binding
  • GT2B
  • dual Reaktor charger (or extern BMS with 8A charger)

(And I’m hardly trying to define 3 builds for the future : a cruiser (the shorter of my deck, urethane wheels, Mad Fury DD…), an AT carver (the “racer”, 12s, dual ESCape, Berg., hammock base plate, custom GD …), an eMTB (the new Darth Vapor)… and the Dirt scoot, the eMTBike soon etc …
really hard when you get like 6 or 7 builds of parts laying around for more than 3 years …)

The old one (last summer) Training switch

I love so much the deck, the flex, the width … stance a bit too short and only 20° tips angle. But 12s lipo + big chain + vesc 6 in FOC + 130kV was super good for two years. Now I’m trying Heli gears, and I was dam impress by the “Direct” transfer of the drive !!! Impressive !!
11 Likes