Drang Boards deck building services, design, cnc etc

My biggest question is what does zero rear rkp feel like on that set up.

Oh i havenā€™t gotten the rkp adjustable baseplate just yet. Iā€™ve only ridden on the 50/35 split. Should be getting it soon

You and your threads are dangerous to me. All this talk will end up with me spending a lot of money haha.

I am trying to prime the pump because I have about 5 decks Iā€™ve started Dev on for eskate, Corners have been rounded and we are narrowing in on what we want to put into history when it comes to skateboards.

Well itā€™s time to come back into this realm. Another build has begun. This one is paid for, so weā€™re moving forward, and the due date is under 4 weeks from now on the first 3 protos. Weā€™re doing three flex tests. The exact concave is going to be decided at some point in the next week before we cut the first mold. Here are the renders my good customer adstar, (on the eskate news page) did and some of my renders of how that mold would need to look.

mtnbrd%20render1 mtnbrdenclosure mrnbrdbottom2 mrnbrdbottom

image This is the first render Adstar did for me. It doesnā€™t contain the entire mold, and has some really optimistic bends, so weā€™re working together to make the mold now.

Experimenting with concaves right now, and talking about the difference between some of these options, keep in mind the size of the platform, and stance of the riderā€¦

MTNBRD%20render%202 image image image These are all pretty close to each other in geometry, but how it all bends is slightly different from one to another.

12S6P!!! Weā€™ll be doing some sort of a group buy, so if you want a range monster mountain board, with nuanced concave, keep tabs.

Here is the post where Adstar is finding more peeps to get in on the group buy in esk8news, https://forum./t/ramm-board-slr-anyone-interested-in-a-prototype/6528/29

4 Likes

Room for 120 cells would be better lol. Good to see something getting made. Really like this design. More Carver options are great.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got three boards that I can easily carry with one hand and do my grocery shopping with.

I want a board to go on adventures with. I donā€™t plan on carrying it I plan on riding it. And if i do it wonā€™t be a problem. Almost every job Iā€™ve ever had has had a 70lb repetitive lift requirement. It ainā€™t be that heavy.

1 Like

Ernestos new enclosure holds 160 cellsā€¦ 160 dude.

1 Like

I"m most leaning towards this tab type although Iā€™m told Iā€™ll need to make the truck mounts flat which will take a second model to be made. Weā€™re been going between drop styles, into the tab, and I like all these options, and want to look at the possibility of doing it asymmetrically, like this, or doing something slightly different than this now.

We were tossing around the idea of doing with a lower rear angle, but I donā€™t see the turning radius being good enough to REALLY want it. To get a more directional ride I think this concave would do well along with harder rear bushings to keep the board happy at speed. How much speed? I donā€™t know, as Iā€™ve not ever ridden a mountain board.

I think moving available front foot space forward, and giving the back a harder ramp for rear heel toeing should give the board a bit of directional stability. Sending it to Adstar for review and contemplation.

1 Like

I would say definitely run a split. I am running channel trucks with a 12 degree split and it is awesome so perhaps mid 30ā€™s front and low 20ā€™s rear.

3 Likes

Yep, this is being designed to be a long range cruiser board, nice and surfy, and as @Skunk mentioned suitable for day long adventures. With the 21700 12s6p Samsung 50e cells(my preference) this will perhaps do 100km+ on a single charge.

And hello @drangboards, made it back to the forums I see.

2 Likes

Made it back to the old forum here. Not sure about the new builder forum.

1 Like

new forum?

1 Like

is where most active people are these days

3 Likes

https://forum./

3 Likes

https://forum./t/ramm-board-slr-anyone-interested-in-a-prototype/6528/29

Iā€™d like to get peopleā€™s input on the mold. Gonna post some of the revisions I did with it, in hopes to move in an awesome direction. Feel free to take up conversation here or there.

1 Like