Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

@diyeboard Jason what screws do I need to use to secure the esc to the heatsink?

i already packed the screws for you to set lock up the esc with the heatsink. your order delayed till tomorrow can we ship it out because we lack of stocked trucks, new stock come in today.

we are going to make both 10s5p same size and 10s3p flat.

3 Likes

its 60mm

Thanks Jason!

What voltage are you going to run those 270kv motors at? Plz don’t say 10s

10s is correct. And no it’s not a issue when you use diyeboard esc. 270kv with 10s is a bad combination only when using vesc because of the erpm limit

3 Likes

The more I ride the Volans ESC the more comfortable I am moving through its range.

Not going to lie, I’ve been bucked twice by the brakes in the past week, but it was entirely my fault.

Keeping the board within my “comfort zone” is a big part of the problem. I’m using it to tow into hills at full throttle!

1 Like

Here you go!

3 Likes

The height is fine for me! I left the wires out side so I could plug another 10s5p if I need to to get more range😃

2 Likes

Yes I know there isn’t a erpm limit but there is an rpm limit, myself and a few other members have found that the limit is around 6400rpm. Going past this rpm does not increase Speed so you are basically wasting potential torque if you switched to a lower kV motor

With your setup you will be reaching close to 11,400 rpm, although this does not seem to damage the esc it would be to your benefit to change to a motor that outputs around 6400 (ie 140kv - 170kv).

@diyeboard could you confirm wether or not your version of the esc does this, we have only tested the escs from eBay but they seem to be identical

1 Like

I just purchased the 10s5p enclosure for my build. It’s going under a Trampa Urban Carver deck so I hope it fits and has a little flex as the deck has some flex. The remainder of my build is sorted, dual “Dark Matter” motors (190kv), dual focbox and the drivetrain is direct drive geared, from E-toxx.

I would have preferred to use a different battery set-up and enclosure, but finding someone who will ship to Australia kinda really limited my choice and I don’t have the time or equipment to build my own battery pack.

But wouldn’t a dual 190kv lower the speed of the kit? Honestly I never heard anyone complain on the torque those dual 270kv makes. But im all ears on improving the kit performance but so far I’m pretty satisfied overall.

Also just grabbed a 10s5p dual belt kit. Gonna try to put it on a nice deck with the MBS wheels. Bit worried about the clearance on my deck choice, but with the taller wheels and maybe a spacer or two I should be good. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Yes normally that would lower your max speed, but with this kit there is an rpm limit. So with 10s there is no point having a kv any higher than about 170, 190kV is fine but you will still only reach the same speed as the 170kV setup because of the speed limiter. Basically your motors just don’t reach there maximum speed.

The only way to go any faster than about 40km/h with his kit is by using the gearing and wheels to increase speed.

you could always put the battery on the top of the deck seen someone do that on a trampa deck before

Yes, that was a consideration, but I really want to have everything mounted under my deck. I guess I’ll have to wait till it all arrives and see from there. From what I can tell, there is no other battery and enclosure (with bms) that comes close to this. Plus they can ship to Australia.

take some pic of your build and post um up

No pics yet as I don’t have any of the parts here. I have now ordered everything I need and have to sit on my hands and play the waiting game until it all turns up. I started a thread about my build over here.

This whole thing is new to me, so I really hope that all the parts I have ordered will play nicely together. If I understand things correctly, it should be a ‘simple’ case of just connecting this battery system to my dual focbox then to my motors, then bind the receiver to the transmitter and I’m riding…Just hope the magic smoke stays away.

I will check out your build bro! I hate the waiting game for parts just got a 10s5p battery today but waiting for some pulleys from diyeboard for my 9 inch trucks the sent me the wrong size but Jason took care of it! Eventually I want to build me a Trampa board too!