Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

@diyeboard Hello i am interested what do you have to say about this site, are they a reseller of your products or what: http://www.dbskj.net/

when you get used to the board for a while you will find braking is just what you want it. for now you may find it hard to control it, it need practise since it is a extream sport thing. so much troque and power. if brake too weak there will be too much delay and not responsive at all.

we have lots of resellers globally and dometic market, we have grade a and grade b quality level. for diy market we sell grade A QUALITY, for domestic market we have grade B level since they are more sensitive to prices.

hereby i’d like to share some customers riding videos using our kits, lots of vedeos, hope you guys like it.

The braking is strong for flat ground. Probably tuned so it is effective out n large hills. Even if I ease it on it throws me off the board at half speed. If I pulse it rapidly it works without throwing me…I know this can wear down the teeth, however. I am still waiting for Jason to respond if this is the new 2.1 sine wave ESC or the older one. Don’t let this deter you though, I think this board is way better than you would get from a Meepo or similar product and the shipping was so fast considering it came from china. Jason was also very helpful with any questions I had.

1 Like

I am asking about using this deck ( http://images.evo.com/imgp/700/72239/326809/arbor-genesis-42-longboard-deck-base.jpg ) I am 6’ 2" and when I have a regular stance my size 12.5 shoes scrape against the all terrain tires. Have you tried this AT kit with the 9" trucks on a drop thru style deck? I noticed it has the risers, so I am guessing I would have to mount the trucks traditionally on the bottom (top-mount) to get enough clearance. I just want a longer deck so I can have my feet a few inches further apart without my toes/heels hitting the tops of the wheels. Also, I will have to bury the wire from the battery to the ESC into the deck with a dremel, or have it go across the bottom and protect it with a plastic channel of some sort?

1 Like

About the v2.1 and v1,1 esc, the difference it about the size and two layers and one layers, the benefit of v2.1 is better heat dissapation but requires our 10s5p battery enclosure to mount it well. the programs are all same now since we can easily flash the program into the pcb. why we have to use v1.1 esc for at board, it is the program compatibility concern. the at board use the 5065 motors and if using v2,1 esc, the hardware limit the program compatibility for at board. simple explain is, our AT board have to use v1.1 seperate esc kit for reliable performance concern, v2.1 won’t work well with the at board kit.

Thanks Pusher. Would be nice if Jason could update which boards come with the new ESC (2.1). Currently I have a Evolve Bamboo GT All Terrain. So that is my benchmark. I am trying to decide between upgrading my boards battery or buying a new one and selling the BGT.

currently for at board we still using v1.1 esc kit untill we have more reliable program can burn into the v2.1 esc pcb.

checked the deck, it is nice but droped mounting style, I am afraid our truck won’t fit well for this deck. for this at board we recommend you buy the loaded deck for better shock absober since it is flex. you have to do lot of diy thing for cutting the slot for cables. we have this deck available soon. http://www.diyeboard.com/36-maple-wood-black-longboard-deck-with-front-and-rear-tails-p-621.html

I do have the 10s5p. Do you mean the 10s5p that is combined in the same housing as the battery pack? Is there any way to make the braking more sensitive or upgrade the firmware?

No problem @Maralc I think the evolve boards look awesome especially with the new remote and options programmed into it as far as wheel size etc… I guess the ESC in my board is not the new one but the firmware is updated. I wish the motor mounts were adjustable, but I am completely happy with the board I got from Jason @diyeboard and love it. Defintely worth the price and he hooked it up. I am thinking about just throwing this deck on ( http://images.evo.com/imgp/700/72239/326809/arbor-genesis-42-longboard-deck-base.jpg ) and mounting it traditionally with the risers to just get a wider wheelbase and some concave. My one concern is mounting the battery pack on the bottom since it is curved, but I can probably overcome that by doing some shimming with foam and silicone. Also, if I do not want the cable from the battery pack to the ESC exposed I will have to dremel a channel which will weaken the deck… Either way the airless AT wheels are unique and I am stoked on the ride they give. The complete board is a bargain but the Samsung 30q cells, or if they could switch to the Sanyo 20700a I think it would be a good move. I realize this would increase cost though. If I were going to start from scratch again I would do one board with the 2s7p swappable pack and hub motors (under 10 lbs.) and one all terrain board that is under 15-20 lbs with less battery life, and possibly the swappable packs. I would love to see a hub motor option for the 6" airless AT tires. The hubs have plenty of space for the motors and it would be a cool alternative to the thin urethane that current hub motors have.

I need a longer deck and wheelbase though. At my height with my size 12 shoes my toes and heels hit the tops of the AT tires when I spread my feet apart for a comfortable snowboard like ride. That is why I want to switch to the 42" deck from the 36" one. Would I have to increase the wire length between the esc and battery if I dismantled the board and mounted it traditionally on this deck ( http://images.evo.com/imgp/700/72239/326809/arbor-genesis-42-longboard-deck-base.jpg) instead of doing the drop thru mount?

I must say that I have no issue with the braking on this kit, it’s hard but linear. I agree on the practice part, I been riding esk8 for 2 years it does take some time getting used to braking no matter the board. I always prefer harder brake, you never know when you need to stop fast. Try leaning back before braking it helps. Also ease of the brake at the end of braking, tends to be hard at low speed if you are not prepared.

I’m using v1.1 esc by the way.

1 Like

What I would describe as linear is you deciding how strong the brake actually is. With VESC , the braking strength is directly related to how far you push the remote into the negative direction. I can brake very lightly to slow down/keep a constant speed on slopes that are too steep, or apply full brake in traffic/wheels would be slipping or anything in between. Linear behaviour between remote lever position and brake strength.

2 Likes

11", thus completely different except for esc and Li-Ion pack. After purchase I replaced everything except for the trucks & deck, but I ride in tough conditions with very steep hills. The stock parts are fine for your average riding with small slopes and rough streets plus some grass patches.

1 Like

firmware adjusting takes time and very complicated since it is not the vesc type. we bulk producing with same program per most of customers need with strong brakes in high speed for safety consideration. customization only available for builk orders. in the future we will lauch app to adjust the curves of speeding up and braking, the frimware will be upgraded by app.

3 Likes