Diy battery pack using Basen 26650 hi drain Li-ion cells

I see its 2.9. And the batteries are rated 2.5 So I guess in a pinch, you could run it till it stops and it wouldn’t damage the batteries. Right? I ran my Lipos till my board slowed down and stopped just one time and they where ruined!

1 Like

Yes, it will keep you in the totally safe range. it will cut your power way before you get near anywhere dangerous for the battery. Bms are nice, they save you money in new batteries^^

If you would run your cells under 2,5 they would be ruined like your lipos;) For the lipos it is just a bit higher you should have connected a lipo bms or a voltage buzzer, or set a generous low voltage cutoff in your esc. You should maybe read this: voltage sag cheers

Got some battery spacers for 26650 cells on eBay and they don’t fit even if I remove shrink wrap. Any suggestions on where to find spacers that fit?

It’s shit.

Explain please, what’s wrong with it

Not strong enough for the .15 stuff I got and barely tacks a .1 strip on to a cell. All this at max.

Bummer, I talked to the seller of the one that I ordered and he told me to just refuse delivery. I’m gonna order a 60amp model instead.

i’m gonna give this one a try. I like the idea of the hand held attachment and foot switch.

This will work. It does .25 on 3/4 power with ease.(on 4 pulses)

Foots witch is nice. Handheld isn’t. It has only 1/2 of the power.

And it has a soldering station

I would not use that. EDIT:

It just pulls apart with no force.

1 Like

Does it work ok on a 20a breaker?

and? a lot of the high end ones are made to be easy pull so that you can change tips well working on a pcb. the ones the RCAF use are like that.

2 cell: http://www.batteryspace.com/batteryholder2xlongcsize26650cellunlimitedexpandablebatteryholder.aspx 3 cell: http://www.batteryspace.com/battery-holder-3-cell-long-c-26650-size-unlimited-expandable-battery-holder.aspx

The problem I’m finding is that the Basen imr 26650 cells are 26.7 mm dia. The spacers I had where abt 26.1, they fit A123 cells but not my imr cells. Do you have any from battery space ? If yes, could you measure the id of the battery hole ?

What’s the point of the plastic cases for the cells? If ur spot welding then why not just glue the cells together? U could always cut them out again. Thinner. Easy. Maybe glue them with flexible rubber.

1 Like

The point, or the reason I wanted to use them is that they hold the cell together nice and straight making the assembly and welding much easier. Like a weld jig. Also adding structural strength to the pack without having to glue them together. The wall thickness of the spacers is very minimal so they really don’t impact size enough to worry about it.

i use it on a 16A B-Characteristic breaker. Sometimes it goes on the first time turning it on.

I do… but I only bought enough for my pack and no extras… its all wrapped up now. I haven’t had the time to work on my pack recently and I still have to add my charge port and discharge connectors.