Diy battery pack using Basen 26650 hi drain Li-ion cells

If you’re in the states, I think that same cell is way cheaper on LI-ION Wholesale (linky) and I know group buys on this forum have used them, so I would call them a reputable re-seller.

1 Like

it took almost max settings to pop a breaker. 15A breakers

The other one I was looking at welds up to .3 mm I think in the specs they where recommending a 60amp breaker! State side seller but there english was terrible so they may have misrepresented the data. They did say that it might not be suitable for home use. The one you got only welds up to .13mm thick and if it poped a 15a breaker then maybe they’re right about this one needing 60a

I did check this site and there base price is less but when you add the shipping its almost the same. The Ebay seller that I bought from offered free fast shipping and he was really quick about getting my order shipped.

Like I said it took almost max settings to do that and it wasn’t the only thing pulling.from the breaker

ok good to know. I’ll just try to use a 20a circuit or an empty 15a

Do it for the watt hours, man

my friend that I’m building a pack with is getting that exact spot welder this week, I’ll let you know how it is

Thanks, I ordered one today. I have soldered Nicad cells together in the old days using a 300watt weller but it was only a 4s1p pack. I decided it would just be too much hassle with a 10s2p

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience with these batteries. I wasn’t sure about them but t’m feeling more confident bout using them now.

Ordered from eBay on Tuesday, Delivered on Thursday!!! Had to order the rest from Lion wholesale. there otw.

From what I read in the specs on these batteries, It appears that they can be run down to 2.5 volts! That would mean a lot more run time than Lipos. Is that really safe for them. And would running them that low shorten their life. If its not good, then what is a good safe low voltage for these cells?

18650 cells are also rated to go down to 2.5v. I know 25R’s are tested from 4.2 to 2.5v over 250 cycles. You generally cut off at 3.2-3.3ish for longevity.

Example: In this case 3.2v is 0% http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/2X/f/fb95302d91aa992329d1d0ccb21f626ae71fc139.png

1 Like

Still a lot better than My Lipos. I don’t dare go below 3.6 and they still got puffy.

I think the bms I got cuts off at 2.5v

Sounds about right :slight_smile:

I’ll just use a meter to monitor the voltage

The BatterySupports BMSs cut of on 2.9, dont know yours.

Got this one http://www.batterysupports.com/36v-37v-42v-10s-60a-10x-36v-lithium-ion-lipolymer-battery-bms-p-267.html

2.9 then, and longer lasting cells.