DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

Thank you so much, feeling honored :blush:

But compared to other “real” MTB-freestyler (non-electric) it’s not really that rad even when it feels like that :laughing:

My dream is to jump bigger kickers but I’m not ready yet at least not without jumping in a foam pit before.

Yes but prepare yourself for following… :joy:

This skate park is 1 minute away from my flat (full throttle 25 seconds)

To reach this BMX track it takes 5 minutes

This skate park/pump track is a 10 minutes ride

This BMX course is a 15 minutes ride (but I got banned, it’s a private association which accept bicycles only) but gonna ride there again. Catch me if you can.

Because I wrote “foam pit”, I totally forgot the sick Dirtgarden which I could reach within 15-20 minutes. I feel motivated to finally go there and see it in reality. They have fresh foam in their pit since 1 month so no reason to hide (the old looked disgusting).

Sick shit kicker on the left side, foam pit on the right side

WTF! :open_mouth:

Posted this video last year already but this year it’s definitely time to stop watching and start riding at dirtgarden.

Group ride (jump ride) in Vienna? :wink: I’m there…

Thanks a lot Joel :hugs:

8 Likes

I get what you are saying and I have the utmost respect for these guys.

However jumping with a 15-20kg weight strapped to your feet , is a whole different ballgame and deserves its own respect.

8 Likes

When the noise of your trucks remind you of your grandmother’s doors it’s definitely time to change the bushings :laughing:

Unfortunately one motor is quite loose and the play of the can/shaft sideways got worse so I’m afraid keep riding could harm the gears so it’s time for a break :disappointed_relieved:. I’m trying to claim both motors at HK, wish me luck (because they are modified there is officially no warranty).

At the right time I got my VTC6 cells for the 12s6p, still waiting for fishpaper from china (hopefully not forever).

Also ordered 4 Samsung 40T for a friend so I could compare them. Very good cells, better than any 18650 when looking at discharge curves. Unfortunately quite expensive, guess next year more affordable.

9 Likes

The end of the video :joy::ok_hand:

How you decided about spot welder? You will go with the kweld?

1 Like

Yes it’s not mine but I can borrow it. I’ve infected some people with the esk8 virus in my town :grin:

Looks great only the nano-tech lipo is missing yet, hopefully he buys it soon :crossed_fingers:.

6 Likes

Looks pretty good. I looked the last days about the kweld as well, but unfortunately it’s not possible to get it delivered to Russia.

1 Like

If it helps I could order it and send it to you but in this case there is VAT added (within EU). The kweld is quite expensive and the prices on the homepage are without VAT so add 19% for total price. Just let me know.

1 Like

Thx for the offer! I was talking one guy from the kweld company if there is a way to enable shipping to Russia. The problem is that he use an impulse module which can be used to build bombs, that’s why it’s restricted to import to Russia :roll_eyes: I don’t understand why I than can order a sunkko or malectrics welder but better don’t risk any troubles. Might try my luck with the malectrics than. Should be fine too and a bit cheaper as well.

2 Likes

OK now we know what the guy was doing before building the spot welder :joy:

Little progress on the 12s6p, glued the parallel cells first with CA. Normally it sticks like hell but for some reason this time not, no idea why it is flexible afterwards, maybe they changed the material of the heat shrink.

Second step was to make the final bonding with sikaflex. Good thing is that because of the CA I could glue both sides of the cells at once without waiting 24 hours in between.

Still waiting for fishpaper :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

How much range are you expecting?! Also what should the weight of the battery be?

Before my 8Ah lipos degraded I had 20km (12.4 miles) range so I expect at least 40km (25 miles) with the 18Ah li-ion.

According the weight, the 72 cells are about 3.5kg (7.7lbs) so I guess with glue, wires and BMS max. 4kg (8.8lbs).

For comparison, the 8Ah Graphenes with BMS and Pelicase 1150 weight 3.5kg (7.7lbs)

123127h

Because I want as less weight as possible I get rid of the Pelicase which weights over 0.8kg (1.8lbs). Hope I can bend a light one out of 2mm ABS sheet similar to the vesc enclosure. This way I can double my range without adding much weight. At least that’s the plan in theory.

9 Likes

Nice! 12s(6?)p of VTC 6 should be nice!

1 Like

I probably need to lose some weight :joy: i just can dream about that range. 14-18km out of 10Ah lipos is pretty much all I get.

3 Likes

Gotta give it to you. Thats dedication right there. :grin:

1 Like

The pants just arrived. You can’t beat them for the price but at 2XL they are a bit big for me. I should have gone for XL. Their size chart is definitely not correct, at least in my case.

2 Likes

More lamp for you than! :ok_hand:

1 Like

The range I’m talking about is on flat terrain, 40% concrete, 40% gravel and 20% dirt and grass. Furthermore I discharge from 4.2V to 3.2V-3.5V.

Damn but at least better than too small :wink:

The glued parallel cells are still a bit flexible but I think when I glue all together that’s gone. Meanwhile I think about how to route and connect all the wires.

It’s crazy when you compare the size of the 8Ah lipo (with BMS) and the 18Ah li-ion pack.

The 8Ah lipo is about 2.45kg without BMS

12s 5Ah 30C Zippy’s :grin:

5 Likes

No fishpaper between the groups? :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I am just ready with a 12s7p for a customer inside a peli 1150 case. I have used fishpaper between each group.

image image image

10 Likes

The pack looks good and nice fit :+1:

It doesn’t matter on a 1s72p :joy:

The reason why I didn’t glue them is is because I’m still waiting for fishpaper from china so all good :laughing:.

Also still editing the video from dirt park, should be online this week…

7 Likes