DIRT MACHINE | Trampa Holypro 16 ply | Vertigo trucks | Superstar hubs | Unik Polaris 6374 150kv | E-toxx black direct drive | Vesc 6 | 12s

To follow up these are the gloves I ordered…

https://www.amazon.com/Mechanix-Wear-Leather-M-Pact-Gloves/dp/B01EOWA1FI

because… suede/back of hide doesn’t look like shit after one time in the dirt :wink: plus the palms are D30 backed…

2 Likes

get on some aftermarket insoles…

change your life!

i’m on these, well from my local, be somewhere close to you can get the same…

https://www.ocdskateshop.com.au/shop/safety/insoles/footprint-king-foam-jaws-mushroom-hi-insoles.html

change yo world!

2 Likes

Wise words…

D30, that’s the material of the video with the guys and the shovel @DanSkates posted in his thread, or? :rofl: Nice!

Good hint, when I build my spare battery probably I’ll need them because of longer range.

Meanwhile I love the heelstraps but my feet always move forward so I have to reposition my feet or tighten the heelstraps all the time. Like after 3 jumps my feet move no matter how tight I have the bindings. BTW the brackets are in good position, that means no space in between feet and brackets. Anyone has an idea what I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

Yea man, g-form pads, and my spine protectors are d30… It’s a form of viscous elastic polymer dough… soft and pliable to mold to your body…and hardens on impact. Good stuff.

Loaded pushing cushion is also d30… Makes riding almost not noticable since it cushions your feet and hardens perfectly for every vibration

1 Like

You still have griptape under your feet right? Are you using a super coarse like vicious?

2 Likes

I’m an idiot :laughing:

I couldn’t understand what’s wrong with the bindings but never thought about griptape. Well, I use a fine griptape because I thought it’s easier to step in the bindings :joy:

Thanks for the tip, definitely I have to change it to vicious or jessup or similar super coarse griptape. I put so much love in cutting out the hexagons but this time no more hexagons…

1 Like

I won’t use anything but vicious or lokton on a longboard, the lokton is bit grippier but more prone to flaking and I don’t get as nice a cut around the board edge.

1 Like

Yeah i saw the crashpants … looking great… actually happy with my Dainese ones… but next will be the Hillbilly

@rich The goat leather is super nice … määääähhhh😁

2 Likes

Määäääh bro! They look so good and I would love to order them, the only problem is that all the goats were too small so not enough Määäääääh on the finger tips :unamused:

Ordered a dirty cheap crashpant from china yesterday :grin: better than nothing.

2 Likes

image need this, combined with some armor… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What is that? :laughing:

Looks like a bionic skateboard knee that enables you to leap small buildings in a single ollie.

3 Likes

that would prevent some nasty rotating in ways the knee should never be bent. Imagine the board spinning like a crashing car, whilst your body has less momentum…

:rofl:

Loooks interesting except the hole, it’s more against twisting, or does it affect the ability of bending the knees at some point?

shouldn’t, that’s what I used for snowboarding in the past.

1 Like

There’s also MX knee braces. They have hard protectors over the knee caps…but they cost quite a pretty penny.

1 Like

I couldn’t ride the last days because of work but the next days I (would) have time to ride. So today after work I wanted to go for a short pre-ride and this happened, one side crooked and damaged:

I lost my balance on the yellow ramp that’s why I steered the board in the worst direction and crashed backward in the concrete obstacle. Furthermore it was the worst way to hit it because one wheel was beside the obstacle that’s why I crashed with both motors and one housing only :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

After disassembling the whole drivetrain it looks like it survived but I’m not sure yet if the hanger or mounting plate is alright, I’ll see it tomorrow when I tighten the grub screws again if there is a problem.

But for sure I killed at least 1 motor, it’s totally locked and crushed. R.I.P. The other motor has scars from the crash but seems to spin alright, will check it further before I order new motor(s). WTF!

4 Likes

And people call ME the destroyer :joy:

This will be interresting what takes the most damage … Here your Base/HAnger looks bad IMO :

7db2a8289109676c5d77e336c93e43a1d92546bb_1_690x388

Not seen a bent Motormount till this day so maybe you are the first… or it doesnt bent just out of angle from the impact…

Contact me for help ANYTIME

5 Likes

I guess I watched too much of your videos and got inspired :rofl:

Jesus, I didn’t recognize that! After further inspection it looks like the hanger is bend and the baseplate as well.

It looks like everything is fucked up except your drivetrain :sunglasses: After loosening the grub screws and tighten them again it looks straight but have to check further.

Thanks bro, will contact you tomorrow.

4 Likes

Yet another reason why I am so glad I put a E-Toxx drive system on my board. They not only look sexy as fuck, but they are tough as nails too.

Sorry to read about your crash @rich. I hope you are back up and running as quickly, and cost effectively as possible. My days just won’t be the same while I wait for you to get everything back together again so you can keep posting in this thread.

1 Like