DieBieMS v0.8 Batch 3

2 Likes

Its open source man you just need to look a bit harder…

Any progress on the manual?

5 Likes

can someone give me a name for the tool required to crimp the connectors?

Or can someone pre crimp them?

Ahhh… A crimper??

I can not find one that’s small enough for the 18awg cables I use

would this work?

I use one of these

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, i managed to crimp the wires somehow with the tool i have now but I damaged a few more than I should, does anyone have some connectors left?

Generally the Engineer PA-09 is the go-to for hobbiests crimping small JST style terminals.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Micro-Crimping-Small-Engineer/dp/B002AVVO7K/

No personal experience with these on the wurth (molex?) terminals though. One testimonial in the other thread:

1 Like

I think the connectors on the molex are called dupont connectors

Thanks for the link, will order it for future crimping :smiley:

1 Like

Read or watch a bit of youtube first. :slight_smile: This crimper only makes 1 crimp at a time, so 2 steps to crimp a terminal (once for the conductor, once for the insulation). It gives a lot more control than the ratcheting crimpers, which makes it very adaptable, and is why it gets great reviews.

1 Like

I did, but the tool I have is kinda crap i need to use the 28awg crimp size to properly crimp 20awg… Im not installing a diebie bms to anyone’s battery from now on without the balance cables pre crimped from now on :smile:

1 Like

Buying crimp connectors if you have them left, i need just a few

if you have them please pm me

Can someone help me out with the balance connector?

Im a little confused with the c0+ is that the 12th cell or the 1st, or something else?

Positive of first cell.

1 Like

Heres a link to other people like me who had a really hard time finding the diagrams :smiley:

Hi, what is the status on the interest of Batch 3?

Delivered in full.

I made extras, please send me your PayPal email if interested

Did any one fined any more about this?