DieBieMS v0.8 Batch 3

I haven’t got it to work, but I haven’t tried flipping them yet. And currently I am on HW 0.5 (not the one on this group buy). It seems I should try flipping them around!

1 Like

funny, some of us did not need to pay anything (DE)

Did you already received it? I just got a notice to take it from the post station and almost missed the small payment information…

What result do you get when running the command can_scan in the VESC terminal? I tried swapping CH and CL, but I got «No CAN devices found». I guess the DieBieMS should show.

I think my FW3.40 can‘t do that command

1 Like

Can you try to CAN-Fwd to ID-10 in Metr and write the command „ping“ into the terminal?

Tried that now, but there were no reply. Just blank in metr Terminal.

Next I connected to the VESC and tried CAN Fwd to 10 but got the following message: image

I also connected to the DieBieMS and tried it the opposite way, and got the same message in that Tool.

Finally I tried flipping CH and CL doing the same, but same result. So just banging on the wall it seems. I start to believe it is broken? :sob:

Edit: I also tried connecting the USB to the VESC, CAN Fwd to 10 in the DieBieMS tool and then connect to see if that did it (recognizing the FW), but the same result. Also doing the opposite connecting with USB to the DieBieMS and connecting with the VESC tool with CAN FWD to 0.

You may have ground looped your canbus and fried it :frowning: I don’t know if it’s possible with this BMS but it could be why it’s not working.

:thinking: :neutral_face: :persevere:

I am not exactly sure what that means, but I have had correct wiring the whole time without when CH and CL which has been swapped a few times to test. Anyhow - it seems things doesn’t function so I guess you could be right.

I damaged my Diebiems from Batch 2 by wiring it backwards, so I probably damaged the CAN system by trying to make push to start work with the wrong polarity connected… (Stupid mistake)

Some one can make diagram how to wire everything wise this bms Bc i see a lot of people asking for it :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I was wondering if anyone elses DieBieMS v0.9 isn’t showing all of their balancing groups? Mine is only reading groups 0 to 9 missing 10 and 11. I know it isn’t the battery as I checked with a different battery, as well tested both batteries with my other two DieBieMS’ (both v0.8).

Are you sure your settings are persisting? I had the same issue until I realised “Write BMS configuration” needs to be followed by “Store BMS configuration to flash”.

Woot. Got mine now to austria! +19bucks customs

Nice packaging!

IMG_20190514_215028

Hi @JTAG,

did you make any progress on this - would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

@Samau18 I got one Diebiems from batch 2, says hw 0.8. Tried updating the firmware with diebie tool since it carries something completely different then preset supported FWs. Firmware didin’t get changed and i still get the error that the “FW is too new for the tool” but the tools is 0.27.

Is the older batch not compatible with the new firmware?

They should be all the same. Please check with Danny on Diebiems versioning issues.

I’ll shoot him a PM.

Got mine today. Polish customs don’t care about the DieBieMS :smiley:IMG_20190520_132742

2 Likes

What is the name of the balance cable connector?